IGNORED

Raime - Quarter Turns Over A Living Line

Redruth

Raime are way over-hyped but they were over-hyped before Aphex got anywhere near them.

I found that Holly Herndon record to be completely sterile btw

i just listened to all of that Holly Herndon and i agree but would even go as far to say its completely shite!

one track, just ONE track goes somewhere a bit, the rest of it, c'mon, listen to it, complete waste of vinyl material.

there should be a website called www.boomchat.com where their albums of the month are properly dissected, reviewed,

that does not mislead. sometimes music should remain where it is and never be released. tracks on this with completely

off the wall, hilarious vocals, pointless, boring, self indulgent muck.

avoid.

Guest primusluta

Raime are way over-hyped but they were over-hyped before Aphex got anywhere near them.

i just listened to all of that Holly Herndon and i agree but would even go as far to say its completely shite!

one track, just ONE track goes somewhere a bit, the rest of it, c'mon, listen to it, complete waste of vinyl material.

there should be a website called www.boomchat.com where their albums of the month are properly dissected, reviewed,

that does not mislead. sometimes music should remain where it is and never be released. tracks on this with completely

avoid.

After saying all that you expect me to avoid it!! BWAHAHAHA!! ESSENTIAL LISTEN!!

i'm enjoying this thoroughly, although i've not spent enough listening time to properly evaluate. the first and third tracs are wonderfuly bleak and bittersweet. the album is not long enough

avoid.

Agreed. I feel the same can be said for Laurel Halo, Julia Holter, and even Hype Williams. I've yet to come across an "avant" or "hypnagogic" pop artist that is actually great.

I'll have to check out the Raime album. I remember hearing the EPs, but wasn't blown away.

Guest Lucy Faringold

... pointless, boring, self indulgent muck.

lol. I think that's quite a vicious way of putting it, but point taken.

When WATMM dislikes something that much it's usually good.

correct, it's very unique material. It's not 'hypnogogic pop' or whatever the fuck shitty Wire magazine buzz word people want to call it. But I'm not surprised after my epic critique of Boomkat i ruffled some feathers. So we have everything from 'hilarious', 'sterile' and 'self indulgent' 3 terms usually in complete diametric opposition to each-other in electronic music, sounds like people better listen to it themselves before judging with such wildly differing opinions.

yep, it's called not giving a fuck

and i still very strongly stand by the idea that Holly's album is truly challenging. I don't think anybody can realistically say it's bland or not inventive. Whether you enjoy it or not is a different story, it just doesn't easily fit into one box and has some abrasive elements that i love. This is what i feel like industrial music means to me and is missing from a lot o the newer stuff being labeled as such. from the Severed Heads, Zoviet France, Coil or Contagious Orgasm. These bands sound completely different from one another, but at the same time embodying a very similar philosophical approach.

lol

page 1 Robbie disses raime, he's just calling it like it is.

page 2 zupiclone disses holly herndon and its proof that when watmm dislikes something it must be good.

hopefully by page 3 we can agree they're both pretty mediocre records.

Haven’t got the Raime album yet but is on its way. Loved their e.ps though & think its a bit unfair to diss them because people have been doing darker industrial for years. Again am only going on the e.ps but although their sound had a debt to industrial i more saw their music as where dubstep could have gone. Like when people say Post-dubstep and it doesn’t really mean anything, well Raime to me sounded like what post dubstep should have sounded like. Anyhow hope they still got some of that vibe on the album, loved the drums on their e.ps.

• 5 months later...

Archived