IGNORED

Lustmord - The Word As Power

Redruth

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Thanks for bumping this - I'd have missed it otherwise.

Just bought the FLAC download via Bandcamp and am fully immersed...makes spending £££ on a headphone amp/DAC recently more worthwhile!

Love the Tuvan throat singing vibe of Grigori. The vocals really do bring the music to life.

• 6 years later...

this is one of my favourite 'ambient' albums. the Jarboe track soothes my soul. also Simon Fowler, the cover artist, does tattoo designs, and I approached him once about doing one but didn't have the bread at the time. his art is amazing.

Edited by usagi
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, usagi said:

this is one of my favourite 'ambient' albums. the Jarboe track soothes my soul. also Simon Fowler, the cover artist, does tattoo designs, and I approached him once about doing one but didn't have the bread at the time. his art is amazing.

'ambient' for sure - definitely dark ambient.... gonna have to throw it back on now.  Haven't heard it in a while

Yeah also big fan of this, not listened to all that much of his stuff but I absolutely love this and the place where the black stars hang...really should check out more by him

On 6/29/2021 at 1:47 AM, kirm said:

Yeah also big fan of this, not listened to all that much of his stuff but I absolutely love this and the place where the black stars hang...really should check out more by him

[Beyond] is also very good. it flows really well together, completely sucks you in. I think it might be a good album to meditate to.

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to ever listen to this, sorry Lusty.  :makes a note to listen to this:

Edit: oh it has vocals though? Getting nervous again. 

Edited by baph

17 minutes ago, baph said:

it's good though. some bits go on a bit too long (looking at you, Chorazin) but overall the vocals complement the drones very well, and where they take centre stage they create a new kind of power.

the Jarboe track is my favourite:

Edited by usagi
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 6:52 AM, baph said:

I forgot to ever listen to this, sorry Lusty.  :makes a note to listen to this:

But...

The word.... has the power

• Big Brain 1