IGNORED

Which presidential candidate will you vote for?

gmanyo

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my sister's new show just aired the 2nd episode. Love how she talks about Obama's lack of follow through on warrantless wiretapping and Gitmo (thanks abby ;) ). Refreshing to see news still talking about real shit while the entire mainstream media is just repeating verbatum the scripted horrribleness of the DNC/RNC

colbert isn't either of those things, imo. he's a comedian good at doing deadpan bits and that's about all. i don't find his commentary very intelligent at all.

on the other hand, abby is FIYYAAAAHHHH

my sister's new show just aired the 2nd episode. Love how she talks about Obama's lack of follow through on warrantless wiretapping and Gitmo (thanks abby ;) ). Refreshing to see news still talking about real shit while the entire mainstream media is just repeating verbatum the scripted horrribleness of the DNC/RNChttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XXLAZcHGIQ&feature=share&list=UU2Xd902w9u5_2oa7SHFSvZw
Whoa, had no idea Andrea Seabrook left NPR - though her reasons are self-explanatory after watching this. I enjoyed this show a lot, I'll definitely keep up with it. I have only watched RT segments I was linked to or recommended before this.

Guest Franklin

hah. I'm not sure whether she's trying to be funny or cool or slick or what. also why are they leaving errors and misspeaks in there?

I think she needs to film another 20 shows before airing this. and then it could be good.

Franklin 'why are they leaving misspeaks in there', it's because it's live. doing a live TV show is pretty hard. I remember the first 10 or so episodes of Colbert had a ton of teleprompter errors, took him a little while to gain his footing.

i'll talk about it. that group sounds like a joke. they're demanding $1 million in bitcoins to release romney's tax records. just release it you fucking ninnies. my bet: they'll get caught and go to jail and won't have a chance to release anything, if they even have it. holding information hostage... :facepalm:

my sister's new show just aired the 2nd episode. Love how she talks about Obama's lack of follow through on warrantless wiretapping and Gitmo (thanks abby ;) ). Refreshing to see news still talking about real shit while the entire mainstream media is just repeating verbatum the scripted horrribleness of the DNC/RNC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XXLAZcHGIQ&feature=share&list=UU2Xd902w9u5_2oa7SHFSvZw

the "we've had it now with this stupidity" approach is spot on and I give her full support.

edit: she also looks good.

Good article.

http://www.salon.com/2012/09/10/why_i_left_the_gop/

I always imagined that I was full of heart, but it turned out that I was oblivious. Like so many Republicans, I had assumed that society’s “losers” had somehow earned their deserts. As I came to recognize that poverty is not earned or chosen or deserved, and that our use of force is far less precise than I had believed, I realized with a shock that I had effectively viewed whole swaths of the country and the world as second-class people.

also, since the right loves to bash black liberation theology, heres some racism without any semblance of a veil whatsoever:

"You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind....Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would have put a termination to t

hat line of human beings. This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 290).

"In our first settlement in Missouri, it was said by our enemies that we intended to tamper with the slaves, not that we had any idea of the kind, for such a thing never entered our minds. We knew that the children of Ham were to be the "servant of servants," and no power under heaven could hinder it, so long as the Lord would permit them to welter under the curse and those were known to be our religious views concerning them." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 172).

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, p. 110).

These are all of course from the great Brigham Young, former president of the Church of Mormon. These are also beliefs that were not in any way, shape or form challenged by the Mormon Church until 1978.

These are all of course from the great Brigham Young, former president of the Church of Mormon. These are also beliefs that were not in any way, shape or form challenged by the Mormon Church until 1978.

:mellow:

:cisfor:

Archived