IGNORED

Swans - The Seer

jhonny

Been listening to this for 2 days straight on NPR, it's amazing! So so heavy but some amazing grooves and crescendos. 2 hours long, an absolute epic album.

Seeing them in November too, wahey!

It's getting mental reviews for sure. Don't know much about The Swans, I listened to some of their stuff once and it made me feel queasy lol.

Defo gonna check it

Guest TVHEAD

I'm making a video review for it. In my opinion, really mental, and at some points it's so repetitive. Like someone is beating you up with a baseball bat over and over and over.. Best songs are The Seer Returns and Mother Of The World as far as I'm concerned. Good LP tho.

do you want to punch them because it is so monotonous and repetitive? do you want to punch them because it is so monotonous and repetitive? do you want to punch them because it is so monotonous and repetitive? do you want to punch them because it is so monotonous and repetitive? do you want to punch them because it is so monotonous and repetitive? do you want to punch them because it is so monotonous and repetitive?

drum crash cymbal

do you want to punch them because it is so monotonous and repetitive? do you want to punch them because it is so monotonous and repetitive? do you want to punch them because it is so monotonous and repetitive? do you want to punch them because it is so monotonous and repetitive?

• 9 months later...

Listening to this now for the first time, in the dark...

I wasn't expecting it to sound this good, my memories of Swans were very negative. That was a long time ago though.

Listening to this now for the first time, in the dark...

I wasn't expecting it to sound this good, my memories of Swans were very negative. That was a long time ago though.

:biggrin:

Swans are fucking immense, my ears are still knackered from when I saw them last November.

• 9 months later...

I like to put this on when driving longish distances. It makes you feel like a burly vikingnaut. When Apostate gets going it's my favorite track on it.

some of this is actually quite incredible, but some of the droney stuff seems too long. a little bit of the 'shaking the habitual' syndrome.

but some reminds of of a groovier godspeed, and that is really buttering my muffin.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played this in the record store I work at once without skipping tracks. I realized that it was a bad decision... especially when 75% of the demographic consist of elders and children. Stupid - I know. I near got lynched. Really, the best way to listen to this album is in the dark with no distractions and your eyes closed. It's a religious experience.

Archived