IGNORED

dying latitudes

auxien

http://soundcloud.com/tsrono/dying-latitudes

it's a work in progress technically, but i think it's pretty close to done if not done entirely.

i tried submitting it to the sound cloud WATMM group, but i wasn't sure who to ask for approval, and if anyone even uses that. it doesn't look particularly active so....thoughts? comments? feedback? i dunno, i think it's a good track.

woah I like these sounds, it along with your interesting avatar make me think it should accompany a bunch of alien desert warriors

Funny enough, I found that the very beginning, when things were being put through a lo-pass filter was the most interesting part for me. The reduced frequency range reminded me of the music from the game "descent"

ha, Descent was awesome! i sucked at it, but it was a cool game. i don't remember the music in particular, but perhaps there's hidden memories influencing the track.

thanks Frankie. i didn't wanna use the filter trick used on the intro that Salvatorin also mentioned too much, but maybe i can play around with those sounds a bit more in the track.

Nice. I like it. Has a distinct "sound" & good production (all the parts that should be low are low, all the snippy parts are properly snippy, etc). I'm a fan of that fast-motion fat man fondling money bassline

Guest Frankie5fingers

thanks Frankie. i didn't wanna use the filter trick used on the intro that Salvatorin also mentioned too much, but maybe i can play around with those sounds a bit more in the track.

oh no no. i like it as just an intro. really, i wouldn't use the filter at any other part.

I'm a fan of that fast-motion fat man fondling money bassline

love that description! haha

oh no no. i like it as just an intro. really, i wouldn't use the filter at any other part.

yeah, it's already in there elsewhere, though not as 'heavily' filtered....though upon listening back a couple of times i've got some ideas on changes, so thanks for sparking those inadvertently. i'll have to re-up it once i get them.

Guest active galaxies

Firstly the production and sound design on this are really strong. The only that didn't really click for me was that rolling bass refrain that comes in and out, that slightly detracted from the atmosphere for me.

The more spacious ghostly bits are my favourite, especially the delicate pads that start showing up in the second half of the track.

Firstly the production and sound design on this are really strong. The only that didn't really click for me was that rolling bass refrain that comes in and out, that slightly detracted from the atmosphere for me.

The more spacious ghostly bits are my favourite, especially the delicate pads that start showing up in the second half of the track.

thanks for the compliment on the production, i worked a lot on mixing and pseudo-mastering, i'm glad my work is worth it. yeah the rolling up-beats bassline may get cut down significantly, listening to it a few times since i posted this i've got some ideas on what to change for a more final version. glad you're enjoying it though, thanks for the feedback

i love those "bass drops" and all the other interesting sounds. the ending is also very nice (make an extended version of it). but i don't like the acidy melody that comes in at the start and shows up troughout the song.

ha the big bass hits are a newer addition, i think i need to tweak how their tone mixes with the rest of the track though. interesting that both you and bezhin are pro-pads and anti-acid basslines on this track, there seems to be some consensus here. that's kind of the way i was leaning nonetheless though. i appreciate the input though for sure!

i'll hopefully post a new version of this in the next few weeks before my ideas get lost to time and space. any other comments or criticisms are welcome though, thanks to everyone so far!

Guest Hermann

I really like how that natural-sounding snare mixes its way in there between all the clicky chippy (more sci-fi sounding) ones :)

Liking the track! (Got nothing to suggest sorry)

Guest Social Spastic

got a bit a amon tobin vibe about it. its dark man. excellents little sounds/fills in the drums/perc with the use of fx ... i kinda agree with you in that it sounds complete. its at a stage where if you tried adding things to it, its hard to make them fit in. less is more. good work

Guest kyriakos

love how the beats and glitches are all skittering around and going crazy yet the track maintains this chilled out desolate atmosphere throughout. well made track

Archived