IGNORED

Rich Kids of Instagram

chenGOD

that would mean that they have kept hold of that receipt for 13 years in the hope that somebody would one day invent instagram

true they could also have spend € 6720,25 per person. I have been visiting Cannes some years a ago and you can see many very large private yachts there so its not that unlikely

this is how the beach club looks like:

WGqrX.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if its J$ the whole bill is $482 or €384. Still expensive but by far not as expensive as suggested

I wouldn't worry about a bill of that size so much if I had just downed a 0.75l bottle of vodka (+ the rest that are in the receipt).

that would mean that they have kept hold of that receipt for 13 years in the hope that somebody would one day invent instagram

I just looked up prices for a 2 room suite in that hotel its 359,24 € for 2 people a night (this is the most expensive room you can get). The cheapest room is €160 a night for 2 people. This also makes me believe in the cheaper bill.

I just looked up prices for a 2 room suite in that hotel its 359,24 € for 2 people a night (this is the most expensive room you can get). The cheapest room is €160 a night for 2 people. This also makes me believe in the cheaper bill.

He means that nobody uses French francs anymore; France has used the euro since 1999, and francs stopped working in 2002.

true they could also have spend € 6720,25 per person. I have been visiting Cannes some years a ago and you can see many very large private yachts there so its not that unlikely

WGqrX.jpg

doesn't any old beach resort in corfu or something look like that? they do in the brochures

WGqrX.jpg

doesn't any old beach resort in corfu or something look like that? they do in the brochures

yeah thats the point. It doesn't really look like a place that takes 6000+ a meal on the other hand Cannes does not look very special at all its just expensive for the sake of it. When I was there on vacation I was just visiting for one day as there is not much to see except generic expensive shops, beach clubs and yachts.

Guest Iain C

How dreary their lives are. Have you ever had caviar? It's crap. Have you drank champagne? It's piss. Have you ever been to a beach resort? I haven't, but I bet it's awful. Imagine feeling like you had to do those things just because you were rich.

PS, this is infuriating and all but I'm way more bothered by poor people starving and social security being destroyed than I am by watching rich dicks live it up.

Guest disparaissant

i think the point here is that it's enraging that someone would piss away the price of a house that could comfortably hold a four person family currently living out of a half broken 1989 pontiac 6000 in a single night of partying in st tropez. especially when it's just some pissant kid who hasn't worked a day in their life. im bothered by poor people starving, but this is the counterpoint that makes that so much worse for me.

PS, this is infuriating and all but I'm way more bothered by poor people starving and social security being destroyed than I am by watching rich dicks live it up.

you speak as if the two aren't related

I wonder if there will ever come a time

i think the point here is that it's enraging that someone would piss away the price of a house that could comfortably hold a four person family currently living out of a half broken 1989 pontiac 6000 in a single night of partying in st tropez. especially when it's just some pissant kid who hasn't worked a day in their life. im bothered by poor people starving, but this is the counterpoint that makes that so much worse for me.

I wonder if as a society we'll ever reach a point where this is considered more obscene than, say, Janet Jackson's tits.

I think for the most part we are already, just not officially. The problem is that the organizations that define "obscenity" and define programming for media are run by the same kind of uptight, greedy cunts whose selves and/or kids are going to these embarrasing St. Tropez parties.

Yeah? Really... You live in a house? An apartment? You care about the poor? Put them in your living room, find them a job, feed them, bath them, talk to them. C'mon, initiative has to start somewhere right? Lefties are such altruistic souls and way better than everyone else, it's your duty to do this, show everyone how it's done.

That's a nice straw man you got there. Disp never claimed that privileged people ought to be forced to take care of the less well-off. She said she's bothered by people starving. Not that every rich person should be giving all their money away until the playing field is completely level. And I'm pretty sure she's mentioned volunteering in soup kitchens and the like.

Yeah? Really... You live in a house? An apartment? You care about the poor? Put them in your living room, find them a job, feed them, bath them, talk to them. C'mon, initiative has to start somewhere right? Lefties are such altruistic souls and way better than everyone else, it's your duty to do this, show everyone how it's done.

i think the difference between the middle class and the poor is quite smaller than the upper class and everyone else. the average minimum wage in the united states is like $90 a day (if they work 12 hour shifts) while minimum wage in (for instance) nigeria is about $1.8 a day (source: their government mandated minimum wage). so a poor american might be making about 50x more than a poor nigerian.

how much do the ultra wealth make in a single day? $100,000 if they pull in a neat $36.5 million a year, which i doubt is uncommon. that's 1100x more than the american and 55000x more than the nigerian. you can't compare these magnitudes.

also, poverty is a systemic issue related to multiple things, including mental health (which is often ignored, imo). you can't just say "well you're middle class, stop bitching and fix the problem yourself." the government has far more power to change things than disp does.

This stuff bothers me a lot less than some of the stuff larger institutions waste their money on, whether that's government or corporate advertising/real estate... expensive cars at least are cool to see around the streets and expensive dinners/lunch's while absurd will typically just support local restaurants/individuals. Plus humans in general buy stupid shit all the time, whether rich or poor.

meh

This stuff bothers me a lot less than some of the stuff larger institutions waste their money on, whether that's government or corporate advertising/real estate... expensive cars at least are cool to see around the streets and expensive dinners/lunch's while absurd will typically just support local restaurants/individuals. Plus humans in general buy stupid shit all the time, whether rich or poor.

meh

but it still bothers you. i don't think many people are ready to go on a shooting spree, it just leaves a bad taste in their mouths, especially considering how tough times are for people.

Bah, people wasting their money on shitty fast food everyday of their life or consuming crap from Wal Mart honestly bothers me more than buying luxury items/expensive dinners. Yes these kids are douchebags for showing off their wealth, but wealth is pretty much relative, so I can't blame these kids for using what they were dealt. From a macro scale its better than wealth being used to promote corporate greed that treats workers unfairly, chokes small businesses from being able to compete, and litters the world with their ego/product/advertising. So yeah it bothers me but its like being concerned about a bee hive on a tree, while the forest behind it is engulfed in flames.

Archived