IGNORED

Artist Takes Every Drug Known to Man,

YEK

Edit: got a few in google cache. Not sure what to think of this, could be real at least partially. I mean, taking some dumb drug and then be unable to draw even a smiley face thing seems pretty plausible to me.

Has he done krokodil?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Common adverse effects include gastrointestinal upset such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, and abdominal pain.[6] Others may include dizziness, agitation, headache, joint pain, and tiredness. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, itching, swelling, trouble breathing, or red, blistered, swollen or peeling skin.

Lol. Did he snort that stuff or something haha

Guest have lost touch

http://www.vice.com/read/getting-abilified-with-bryan-saunders

All true, BLS is quite a down to earth fellow and as mentioned above - not a partier. His spoken work/stand-up tragedy is great (seen it live) very different sort of experience. This is probably one of my favorites (he tours with films playing and noise/music and speaks live over them)-

https://vimeo.com/19574111

someday the world will run out of prisma-color toting HST wannabe urban shamans. someday.

I was spacing on who HST might be, then I was like "crazy cat paintings guy?" & googled exactly that sans question mark. First result Wikipedia article for Louis Wain. Not the one but lol google you know me so well

http://www.vice.com/...-bryan-saunders

All true, BLS is quite a down to earth fellow and as mentioned above - not a partier. His spoken work/stand-up tragedy is great (seen it live) very different sort of experience. This is probably one of my favorites (he tours with films playing and noise/music and speaks live over them)-

This is disgusting. Ridiculous "shock" art without merit. He seems to be accusing every sex offender in his area of being a pedophile with his shitty rant video as well. This guy is pretty far from "down to earth"...

http://www.vice.com/...-bryan-saunders

This is disgusting. Ridiculous "shock" art without merit. He seems to be accusing every sex offender in his area of being a pedophile with his shitty rant video as well. This guy is pretty far from "down to earth"...

I don't know man, I can get with it. He's shining a black light onto the very real place that is the twisted and tortured, yet strangely mundane world that seems to exist in every town. The griminess is out there, everywhere.

Drawings sometimes seem a bit too mush like illustrations of what you would be experiencing. Anyhow, some of them are nice and make me wanna try hard drugs, so he achieved that much.

I agree with the idea, stated before, that he should have tried drawing a realistic portrait every time, even using a mirror.

is there really any effect to nicotine gum?

I agree with the idea, stated before, that he should have tried drawing a realistic portrait every time, even using a mirror.

there was an experiment with an artist drawing a realistic selfportait every hour while on lsd and results were much more itneresting, can't find it now though.

Guest abusivegeorge

I much preferred this

http://journist.com/...-orgasms-a-day/

But when reading through these symptoms:

Ramsey suffers from Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder (PGAD), which means, “even the slightest pelvic movement, on a train, in a car, doing housework, makes her feel constantly aroused.”

I thought, "that's totally normal"

Good thread though!

• 2 months later...

I saw this guy perform live at the schimpfulch carnival yesterday. He basically went on an intense psychotic rant over a noisey backing track set to some disturbing medical footage. Had a hard time getting into it cuz I couldn't get past how much his voice sounded like eminem's (imo). But in retrospect, he seems legit re:op.

I saw this guy perform live at the schimpfulch carnival yesterday. He basically went on an intense psychotic rant over a noisey backing track set to some disturbing medical footage.

ART

the dude didn't even get any decent drugs aside from the pot and mushrooms. Every drug known to man my ass.

As for the "FAEK" accusations... I don't know man. Take a look at some of his other (sober) self portraits. They have a VERY wide range of detail, shape, color, consistency. A lot.of it seems to have to do with his mood, etc. I don't think it's far fetched at all. He's a pretty skilled artist as it is.

Surely there are heaps and heaps of substances documented by Shulgin which this man hasn't even acknowledged the existence of.

As for the "FAEK" accusations... I don't know man. Take a look at some of his other (sober) self portraits. They have a VERY wide range of detail, shape, color, consistency. A lot.of it seems to have to do with his mood, etc. I don't think it's far fetched at all. He's a pretty skilled artist as it is.

I agree with this, I definitely think he's a legit artist. Its only sad that I seem to be more enthralled by the way he lives his life, then his art itself...at least this self portrait project.

Guest Hanratty

I don't think I believe the premise at all. The drawings seem too intentionally representational of the misconceptions of how these drugs work/the effects of the drug. For example, 1 bump of crystal meth wouldn't make that substantial of a difference in the drawing abilities of this guy to make him make that illustration versus the other pictures.... Another example is the nicotine gum. No way in hell would that affect a persons interpretation of their self enough to make that picture...

Still neat though. =)

i have to agree, my friend showed me this week and i had to call bullshit on it. Fun concept, but would have been cooler if it seemed real.

it's art, not science. if a different person did the same thing the pictures would look totally different. I just think he could do these portraits sober easily enough.

Archived