IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

The ae subforum is at least a 5 on the Kinsey Scale, so I suggest everyone embrace it and quit repeating "no homo" like it's some sigil of heteronormativity, because it's not working

Guest pixelives

People keep dropping hints that the digital release will come a month early. Can someone with inside knowledge confirm or deny this? I'd like to know when I'll finally hear Exai. I can live without a leak but I'd like to know the game plan here at least.

If I asked, I'd probably get a "maybe" TBH.

People keep dropping hints that the digital release will come a month early. Can someone with inside knowledge confirm or deny this? I'd like to know when I'll finally hear Exai. I can live without a leak but I'd like to know the game plan here at least.

If I asked, I'd probably get a "maybe" TBH.

:beer:

ws6O7.jpg

Edited by oscillik

So I understand we feel like we're important (don't get me wrong I love this place too), but we prob represent < 5% of those who actually will purchase this. Hell, we love to tell stories about how Sean barely knows of this place. I'm not trying undervalue anyone's work, but I really don't think Warp considers us when they make decisions.

im not talking about just the people who post here, this place gets extremely high google rankings and coalesces more information about new/cutting edge electronic music than any single destination or resource on the entire internet.

a lot of lurkers here and people who find out about it through a google search for an album or artist they like, although sending it to Joyrex after he openly admitted sitting on his Quaristce (or Oversteps?) promo until after the release date, when he could have helped Warp market it by hyping it up here on the forum is probably just an oversight on their part ;)

it would be extremely stupid of anyone like Warp to ignore the draw that Watmm creates towards their music

Edited by Awepittance

im not talking about just the people who post here, this place gets extremely high google rankings and coalesces more information about new/cutting edge electronic music than any single destination or resource on the entire internet.

a lot of lurkers here and people who find out about it through a google search for an album or artist they like

This is fair. I can see what you're saying.

But if promos are sent out for promotion, and he refuses to talk about it, you do see why that is ironic right? So he got it as a reward for having a popular site. Ok. Can I get one b/c I'm artistically talented and could adequately represent each song for deaf people? I see that as serving a better purpose tbh.

Just playing devils advocate and pointing out shortcomings in previous arguments by some people here.

Guest pixelives

pixelives, does T ess xi have any similarities to r ess?

NOT REALLLLLLLY. NO NOT AT ALL. Maybe a few similar sounds but no. There's a "similar" reverb, so no.

Guest disoriental express

pixelives, does T ess xi have any similarities to r ess?

NOT REALLLLLLLY. NO NOT AT ALL. Maybe a few similar sounds but no. There's a "similar" reverb, so no.

just won a bet with myself.... :wtf:

do you still sense no difference in terms of overall feel from disc to disc? i'm pretty sure i'll make one up

Edited by disoriental express

a lot of lurkers here and people who find out about it through a google search for an album or artist they like

This is fair. I can see what you're saying.

But if promos are sent out for promotion, and he refuses to talk about it, you do see why that is ironic right?

check out my edit from above, i think Warp would be dumb to ignore the site of watmm and what sort of resource it is for electronic music fans, but sending it to Joyrex directly is not going to create a lot of hype. He's a busy guy understandably and the site isn't where he spends most of his time. What would be ideal is if Joyrex had a sort of hype man under his belt like Cats sort of used to be to talk about the promos he gets on his behalf. But i think that relationship soured slightly when he trusted Cats with those unreleased Aphex tracks and then thought there was a breach of trust when they got leaked on the net, apparently Cats wasn't to blame though. Maybe joyrex can explain what happened there.

Edited by Awepittance

Just playing devils advocate and pointing out shortcomings in previous arguments by some people here.

It's probably useful to point out that in general, the world is not fair.

one obvious question i forgot to ask pixelives is.... any stutter melodies on this one? haven't heard any drum hits turn into tonal melodies yet in the broadcast tracks. Last time i overtly heard any on an Autechre track was Rale. Plc had some classic stuttering effects, but they didn't turn into a melodic component that was notable in the song. Sublimit was probably the last time they did a very memorable stutter melody (when it gets into that sampled cyber funk breakdown)