IGNORED

The Ramen Rater

Joyrex

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but for a snack when you're in a hurry, nothing beats instant noodles.

i never get this. first you have to hydrate them and wait for them to soften. then wait for it to cool a bit or drain it if you're going for dry. put sriracha and seaweed or whatever on it if you want some veg. scramble an egg if you want some protein.

too much like cooking.

whereas you can just pick up a pasty and it's ready to go. it has everything. you can get ones with sriracha in them probably. so pasty beats ramen.

I never really get noodles although I love to eat them. Pot noodles are top of the shit list though.

My brother lived on 5p noodles for 3 months when he was over in Australia. Once they found a note on the floor and spent what they didn't spend on goon, on bread so they could have noodle sandwiches.

but for a snack when you're in a hurry, nothing beats instant noodles.

i never get this. first you have to hydrate them and wait for them to soften. then wait for it to cool a bit or drain it if you're going for dry. put sriracha and seaweed or whatever on it if you want some veg. scramble an egg if you want some protein.

too much like cooking.

whereas you can just pick up a pasty and it's ready to go. it has everything. you can get ones with sriracha in them probably. so pasty beats ramen.

Erm, no - Instant Noodles, like the name implies, are usually ready in 3 minutes via microwave or stovetop - add water, cook - if that's too much effort, well, then I don't know what to say.

My favorite brand of instant noodle as of late is Nong Shim.

However, if you've ever been to Japan and tried their ramen, you'll realize it's not the same. It'll alter your understanding of ramen.

These are by far my favourite ramen noodles I've eaten to date -

IMG_20100715_202848.jpg

And yes it does indeed have ' Addition more 8% apple juice In soup '! Bought them for the Engrish but they turned out to be bloody gorgeous, my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

However, if you've ever been to Japan and tried their ramen, you'll realize it's not the same. It'll alter your understanding of ramen.

While I really like Japanese fresh ramen, I'm not a big fan of their instant ramen (not that I've tried all the varieties, but what I have tried I haven't really been down with). Went to Santouka (famous ramen chain) last night, so good.

Korean instant ramyun (like Nong Shim's varieties) are fucking dope though!

These are by far my favourite ramen noodles I've eaten to date -

IMG_20100715_202848.jpg

And yes it does indeed have ' Addition more 8% apple juice In soup '! Bought them for the Engrish but they turned out to be bloody gorgeous, my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

What's funny is Korean people wouldn't call that ramyun - it's bibimmyun. Subtle difference. And instant bibimmyun doesn't compare to the real thing at all. Yet their "fresh" ramyun is basically identical, as they use packaged noodles and just add different ingredients based on price.

While I really like Japanese fresh ramen, I'm not a big fan of their instant ramen (not that I've tried all the varieties, but what I have tried I haven't really been down with). Went to Santouka (famous ramen chain) last night, so good.

Yes. Fresh Japanese ramen = sublime, instant Japanese ramen = disappointing. But Nong Shim is the fucking shit. Best instant noodles and best instant/junk food for an icy day. Much love here - I even have a Nong Shim shirt :D

Yes. Fresh Japanese ramen = sublime, instant Japanese ramen = disappointing. But Nong Shim is the fucking shit. Best instant noodles and best instant/junk food for an icy day. Much love here - I even have a Nong Shim shirt :D

That's exactly what I mean - the fresh, handmade soupy ramen you get at ramen shops, not the packaged dry powdered crap. Oh man do I miss a hot bowl of shio-ramen in Sapporo..

That's exactly what I mean - the fresh, handmade soupy ramen you get at ramen shops, not the packaged dry powdered crap. Oh man do I miss a hot bowl of shio-ramen in Sapporo..

I rate them equally - I love Korean ramyun, especially when you add your own shit to it (and yes keltoi, processed cheese is totally legit), just as much as I love japanese fresh ramen.

I rate them equally - I love Korean ramyun, especially when you add your own shit to it (and yes keltoi, processed cheese is totally legit), just as much as I love japanese fresh ramen.

Ramyun and Ramen...I don't think the similarity in words is a coincidence.

Archived