IGNORED

Disney buys Lucasfilm

Rubin Farr

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod

they should just do an ultraviolent wild bunch style movie with han, luke, lando and chewie being hunted by remnants of the empire. han living on coruscant running a junk shop, divorced from leia, paying child support. luke moved to dagobah and went crazy. lando is running a twi'lek brothel. chewie living with han, years of built up resentment manifesting itself in a fatal confrontation. basically, in the future, we will all have our own personal star wars movie.

also, i wouldn't mind seeing a ken burns world war z, but that's another matter.

the luke going crazy thing would actually work. When he turns into a Jedi and he's basically the 'new luke' in Return of the Jedi his acting is so off-color and jarring just in the way he reads his lines, that Luke is either a repressed homosexual or going manic. Try watching his 'speech' to the Emperor and Darth at the end of jedi, you could either see it as extremely poor acting or that Luke is going batshit. Id much rather see a movie about Luke turning to the dark side than new Star Wars child actors. As ridiculous as Mark Hammil looks now it could make a lot of sense to just have him be Tom Hanks in a Cast Away style movie on a bombed out Tatooine. He would be so sadistic and out of his mind that he would have an entire house filled with furniture ie: lampshades made from the skin of the sand people and jawas. and he'd keep a female jawa chained up in a shed to rape whenever he wanted

they should just do an ultraviolent wild bunch style movie with han, luke, lando and chewie being hunted by remnants of the empire. han living on coruscant running a junk shop, divorced from leia, paying child support. luke moved to dagobah and went crazy. lando is running a twi'lek brothel. chewie living with han, years of built up resentment manifesting itself in a fatal confrontation. basically, in the future, we will all have our own personal star wars movie.

also, i wouldn't mind seeing a ken burns world war z, but that's another matter.

this sounds fucking amazing.

Guest Shit Attack

the whole star wars thing is pretty much just the first 2 flicks , return of the jedi is some pretty cheeseballish shit . They could make some cool new ones tho if they had a good director/writer but not that abrams guy

He is anti-film. Anti-creative. Hollywood princeling given the keys to the toybox.

It's like George Lucas is the Hollywood equivalent of Anakin Skywalker. He lost his faith and turned to the dark side.

Guest bitroast

it wont have any of those faggoty new CGI videogame inspired anime alike droids either. It will star all the ones from the original trilogy

IG_lancer_combat_droid.JPG

why is he so pointy here?

good question. The only time i can remember them looking like that was in the only good Star Wars prequel ever, the original Clone Wars 2d cartoon. They were almost like jousting dudes on jet bike things

Yeah because that will get a PG rating.

it wont have any of those faggoty new CGI videogame inspired anime alike droids either. It will star all the ones from the original trilogy

IG_lancer_combat_droid.JPG

why is he so pointy here?

This is an IG assassin droid from Clone Wars, not IG-88

I think Abrams realizes if he goes against the Expanded Universe, the backlash could be bigger than his Khan bullshit. Plus it was written from Lucas's outline, so I hope it all gels with established canon.

Lucas contradicted himself with the prequels. It's already ruined.

what i don't understand is how does anyone out there actually take the expanded universe stuff even remotely seriously, because George Lucas gave some sort of blanket stamp of approval to all of it? They have no more impact on the 'canon' to me than any other type of fan fiction like the Star Trek novels. The expanded universe from what I've heard sounds just as bland and repetitive as the prequels were. The Dark Horse Star Wars comic books were entertaining but I was never able to read them as being actually inside the same universe or canon. On the other hand the Dark Horse Aliens comics fit perfectly into that world, thats some quality shit

I remember only reading one Star Wars book, and I think it was called Tales from the Bounty Hunters, and it was cool as shit. Each major Han-hunting bountyhunter tells their individual story. IG-88 ended up uploading itself into the Death Star only moments before it exploded. I think Dengar had all those bandages because either Han or Boba Fett fucked his ass up way back in the day, so Dengar swore revenge. And then I remember Boba Fett blowing himself out of the Sarlacc pit with a grenade, which ended up permanently disfiguring him.

The book was cool as shit.

A new Star Wars will never be AMAZING, because the original shit was highly philosophical and deeeeep, but people nowadays want explosions and CGI, 3-D, and vibrating chairs, and fucking some dude serving you a strawberry smoothie whilst robots give you bj/cunnilingus as you peak on coke. Not many can hide meaningful philosophical insight in an action film as well as the original Star Wars, or like, The Matrix, etc., whaaatever. Truly amazing films can only be made when something needs to be shared, with an intention to help people or give something heartfelt to the people; not when something needs to sell just for the sake of money or selling toys and candy and bullshit tie-in junk food. Bullshit Hollywood films only bring humanity down.

If ever a truly great Star Wars comes out, it will be by some independently funded operation that buys a license to Star Wars, with a cast of die hard thespian freaks that can make your hair stand and eyes cry in 5 seconds flat with no dialogue, with concept/lighting/cinematography crew who have literally killed for their craft, all lead by a director who's done so much LSD and meditated for so many years, that he can levitate for 50 hours straight and materialize, at least water. Also, it will have to be x-rated, because life is raw, hard, and if a laser blasts through some dude, brains will fly to the viewer. And also, a vagina might pop out and be spread (well, vulva), cuz you can't be worrying about arbitrary concepts of decency and nudity, when a space war is right in front of your face.

Archived