IGNORED

A Very WATMM Christmas, 2012

Root5

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the kind words about Rudolf. It was my first time using the Amen Break.

I've been really enjoying TRiP's take on Just a Lonely Christmas. A good remix of a good original song.

who is Cthulhu Detonator on this board? today a friend of mine posted a track from Infernal Machines and i was surprised because i remembered the name from this xmas album. (it was Binding White Light, which i dug, by the way)

zephyr nova

who is Cthulhu Detonator on this board? today a friend of mine posted a track from Infernal Machines and i was surprised because i remembered the name from this xmas album. (it was Binding White Light, which i dug, by the way)

That was the track that spawned the whole project. Is it a friend from outside of watmm? Most of my album listens/downloads have come from people here, so if it's being posted around by people outside this board that's pretty rad. It's downloadable for free here: http://cthulhudetonator.bandcamp.com/album/infernal-machines

And the watmm thread for it is here: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/76346-just-released-my-noise-projects-debut-album/

Glad you dug it! :beer:

he is a very close personal friend of mine who does not post nor frequent watmm, and he said he found the bandcamp link through tumblr. i thought it was a pretty sweet coincidence, myself !

edit: it's this guy, he's pretty neat: http://vos-sohm.tumblr.com/

i fucking love this and you guys can bet your ass this will be played on christmas day at my house. the wife's family will be here, 18 strong. and i will shuffle these in throughout the day on my playlist.

well done watmm. i look forward to this every holiday season now.

i fucking love this and you guys can bet your ass this will be played on christmas day at my house. the wife's family will be here, 18 strong. and i will shuffle these in throughout the day on my playlist.

well done watmm. i look forward to this every holiday season now.

Awesome! Did you get to hear last year's comp? It may be worth putting on as well...

http://cytoplantastic.bandcamp.com/album/a-very-watmm-christmas-2011

So how many downloads has this thing had?

Sadly only 45.

Skyscrapers got 99, and Christmas 2011 got 124. Of course, they've had more time to get some stragler downloads, but those don't number that many. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence if the albums are getting worst, if watmm is in decline, or if there's some other reason, having to do with publicity or something.

But hopefully having regular tribute albums will be good for the community. It's certainly my favourite part.

Has it had a weirdly high number of complete streams compared to downloads? I've found a lot of people will just stream the entire thing as opposed to just downloading it on bandcamp, which is bizarre to me.

Last year had more than twice as many submitters if I remember correctly, so it sort of makes sense that it got more than twice as many downloads. It's mostly going to be the artists who submitted plus a few of their friends and family members that download. And maybe a dozen other watmmers that still care about the iddmz.

Has it had a weirdly high number of complete streams compared to downloads? I've found a lot of people will just stream the entire thing as opposed to just downloading it on bandcamp, which is bizarre to me.

Last year had more than twice as many submitters if I remember correctly, so it sort of makes sense that it got more than twice as many downloads. It's mostly going to be the artists who submitted plus a few of their friends and family members that download. And maybe a dozen other watmmers that still care about the iddmz.

I streamed both albums in full multiple times. I guess it's less committal than dl'ing it.

Streams are vastly more popular than downloads for all albums, but the proportions between albums remain consistent for streams.

Number of participants is a good explanation. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

On another note, where do we think is best place to post these releases in the future. I go with GenBan, because I assume it has the most traffic. Would it get more exposure from watmmers interested in listening in New Releases, or EKT New Releases?

I'd mention Reddit but it seems nearly impenetrable... I don't understand the site yet. I'd initially posit that Reddit's userbase is so large that the site tends toward the more average spectrum where musical taste is concerned, though there are a few outlier examples that conflict with that theory.

Archived