IGNORED

What is Your Dream Gear?

LimpyLoo

1) Roland Jupiter 4/6

jupiter4.png

cover.gifcover.gif

Voltage-controlled polyphonic magic.

Honestly, I enjoy limitations to an almost obsessive level so I'm gonna omit the J8.

2) 60's Gretsch Bop Kit

6b64e9cb73456c84e4409e849dd02682.image.3

Any color will do. Elvin Jones and Tony Williams used to play on these. Enough said.

3) Yamaha CS-70m

2933587730_bd57613ba0.jpg

I had the delightful and obscure privilege of playing one of these about 6 months ago. You literally just couldn't make the thing sound band. So beautiful.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tridex Muse, CV algorithmic/semi generative sequencer made in the 70s

Jomox Sunsyn 8 voice (2 oscs per voice) fully modular analog synth that is 100% CC controllable (including the modular routing assignments)

sunsyn.jpg

Eventide Orville- most souped up hardware FX processer in existence. Squarepusher's (not so) secret weapon

fee1b5abb78c860e912ab19a1ece08f2135839.j

Guest pixelives

Yamaha CS 50 w midi (I'm easy ;) ), custom 3 height eurorack in a Tip Top folding case with Cwejman and Macbeth oscillators, Malekko/Wiard goodies, Kilpatrick pattern generator, etc, etc, let's see.. RSF Polykobol II (only 30 made), Lexicon Model 200 reverb, AMS DMX 15-80, and a Publison Infernal Machine.

That's it, really...

:wink:

Guest RadarJammer

if I could hunker down in an old abandoned offshore lighthouse for awhile I think I'd be happy with windows 98 laptop and some janky directX plugins

2626138.JPG

L_ZED_22FX_Front_EDIT.jpg

I'd love to have a big fatty mixer with enough channels to play around on.

20080422132024557.jpg

Nord Modular of course. :)

I plan to build one of these before too long too:

matrix.mixer.jpg

A matrix mixer. Basically every input has a fader for every output. A feedback/ambient music machine!

I plan to build one of these before too long too:

matrix.mixer.jpg

A matrix mixer. Basically every input has a fader for every output. A feedback/ambient music machine!

looks awesome, feedback on a good analog mixer sounds great.

have you ever played around with one fo these

$(KGrHqR,!kwE9VPjRCjeBP,TONKugg~~60_57.J

pretty much any Yamaha mixer from this era is capable of beautiful feedback loops, it also has a very nice spring reverb built in. You might be able to get one fo these for cheaper than building the above yourself

i'm down with "location" if i didn't have roomates it'd totally lay my gear all out (and computer) set them next to all these windows i've got

that said: maybe an mpc, synthesizer and rack effects/mixer

fisher-spacexpander-k10-309194.jpg

DSC03725.jpg

This because of it's rarity:

tumblr_mhdj2am79S1qz5q5oo1_500.jpg

...mostly just to hear it.

I wouldn't mind an Akai MPC 60 or E-Mu SP-1200 for the infamous, gritty 12-bit sampling but I'm sure a good bitcrusher would be fine. I have a feeling that their sound can't be easily emulated is bullshit.

That ebay seller with the potting plants in the back of every pic has a fuckload of gear for sale and it's all overpriced

was just gonna post this very comment. he has a slew of cool old mixers which i promptly look for elsewhere for a better price

also, for you sp1200 lovers -- have you ever checked out the emu emax samplers? vastly less expensive but they have an incredible 12 bit sound, a nice filter and 8 outs. just sayin

sh 101

mini moog

pro1

kyma

h 3000/orville

neve desk/modules

uva ursi space station

ems rack/modules

69 super lead

that'll hold me for awhile

Tridex Muse, CV algorithmic/semi generative sequencer made in the 70s

Jomox Sunsyn 8 voice (2 oscs per voice) fully modular analog synth that is 100% CC controllable (including the modular routing assignments)

sunsyn.jpg

HOLY BALLS.

Sounds like the polysynth I have been dreaming of...

tumblr_lcxe9azA1P1qbj46wo1_400.gif

mmmm.

sunsyn.jpg

Archived