IGNORED

What is Your Dream Gear?

LimpyLoo

That ebay seller with the potting plants in the back of every pic has a fuckload of gear for sale and it's all overpriced

was just gonna post this very comment. he has a slew of cool old mixers which i promptly look for elsewhere for a better price

also, for you sp1200 lovers -- have you ever checked out the emu emax samplers? vastly less expensive but they have an incredible 12 bit sound, a nice filter and 8 outs. just sayin

I probably would actually prefer that - I suppose it's the novelty factor of the drum pads and legacy for creating a watershed of classic hip-hop.

You know, I actually saw a E-Mu Emax for sale locally - $300. It's tempting as fuck for me to raid my savings jar but I really shouldn't get it. I remember someone posting a demo of one playing pads that sounded very much like "Lichen" off SAWII

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm done with the gear. This is the only hardW that i need:

2012-10-31rmbp13review1020-14_large_verg

RME-babyface-arrival-banner.jpg

N_Neumann-KH310.jpg

audiotechnica_athm50_img3.jpg

The only thing i miss is the speakers...Neumann KH 310 A...and my 'desert island' gear is complete.

That ebay seller with the potting plants in the back of every pic has a fuckload of gear for sale and it's all overpriced

was just gonna post this very comment. he has a slew of cool old mixers which i promptly look for elsewhere for a better price

lol, there is a huge thread on gearslutz about this guy. Horrible prices, crappy gear, thank god he uses the same background for everything so it's easy to avoid.

I have most of my dream gear, now I am manning up and learning the shit out of it.

lol, there is a huge thread on gearslutz about this guy. Horrible prices, crappy gear, thank god he uses the same background for everything so it's easy to avoid.

No shit! Link plz?

nevermind found them

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/656957-whats-e-bay-flower-pot-guy.html

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-zone/765174-3-pots-high-ebay-prices.html

No shit! Link plz?

nevermind found them

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/656957-whats-e-bay-flower-pot-guy.html

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-zone/765174-3-pots-high-ebay-prices.html

lol perfect

Guest Aserinsky

An SP1200 or Emu Emax with a buttload of obscure vinyl would be all I'd ever need.

Maybe a Juno-106 but I'm sure I could get a soft-synth that'd replicate it almost as well if needs be. Either way I'm incredibly happy atm with Ableton, a large record library, some free plug ins and KB6's drum sample library.

• 2 months later...
Guest chunky

would love to make one solid machine by myself and design everything to my own tastes then make all my music with that

maybe one day it will happen! nice to have dreams isn't it?

Guest nuclearaddict

1) The old upright piano my family had in the living room when I was kid. Would love to do some recordings with it now.
2) A mint condition reel-to-reel
3) Tough to say. Maybe an Oberheim Matrix 1000.

probably like unlistenable shit. A modular would be fun to fiddle with but I honestly doubt it would be so useful for any real music making.

But look at all the cables and knobs. It's lovely. I could spent days trapped in a room with that kind of system.

1) The old upright piano my family had in the living room when I was kid. Would love to do some recordings with it now.

2) A mint condition reel-to-reel

My grandparents used to have this 60s/70s era Kimball organ with a built-in drum machine I loved playing with when I was a kid. One of these days I want to either buy one or sample the sounds with a nice digital mic. Lot of wonderful lounge-y kitsch sounds.

kimball_entertainer.jpg?a=51

I'd love a reel-to-reel for hi-fi recordings but for now my 3-head cassette deck does the job. If you want a more vintage "lo-fi" reel-to-reel goodness you can pick up a transistor tape recorder off ebay or shopgoodwill.com for $20 or so - they're reel-to-reel but portable. I got one like this for xmas.

Archived