IGNORED

child neglect?

keltoi

a mother parks her car and nips into a shop for a minute leaving her 2 small kids locked in the car outside, fast asleep.

a traffic warden sees her doing this and calls police to the scene who arrive before she even leaves the shop.

she is arrested for child neglect and taken (along with her kids) to the station for questioning.

i imagine she probably won't get charged but is this treatment justified?

I don't see the problem. If it's only for a minute or so, and you lock the doors (or course), there's a very small chance of anything bad happening. Unless you live in a bad neighborhood and/or have really dumb kids.

Guest Frankie5fingers

I don't see the problem. If it's only for a minute or so, and you lock the doors (or course), there's a very small chance of anything bad happening. Unless you live in a bad neighborhood and/or have really dumb kids.

see, they say its only a minute or so. but from my experience with my mom, some people have no sense of time at all. shell say "oh, ill just be a minute" 1 hour later and she never even noticed.

even so, you should never leave your kids in your car. no matter the time frame. you're not psychic, you dont know what might happen. if you remember your kids in your car then take em with ya.

see, they say its only a minute or so. but from my experience with my mom, some people have no sense of time at all. shell say "oh, ill just be a minute" 1 hour later and she never even noticed.

even so, you should never leave your kids in your car. no matter the time frame. you're not psychic, you dont know what might happen. if you remember your kids in your car then take em with ya.

If you have a sense of time, you can though.

hmm i read a press article once about many cases of parents leaving their kids locked inside the car for many hours, with disastrous consequences. all of them they died from hyperthermia. this might be the reason of the detention.

Guest zaphod

i happen to be psychic and leave my kids in the car at all times. i've hollowed it out and filled it with wood shavings and fluff. a tube system allows the children to enter my home for tv hour, where we watch news footage of explosions. in the evenings i gather nuts and bark which i place in a bowl on the dashboard, then the children fall asleep in separate airbags while listening to am radio.

You live in Scotland right? Isn't it pretty cold?

I think this is just plain dumb, if she was gone for any less than a half hour then I see no problem unless its in Arizona in the middle of the heat.

i happen to be psychic and leave my kids in the car at all times. i've hollowed it out and filled it with wood shavings and fluff. a tube system allows the children to enter my home for tv hour, where we watch news footage of explosions. in the evenings i gather nuts and bark which i place in a bowl on the dashboard, then the children fall asleep in separate airbags while listening to am radio.

lol

Guest Frankie5fingers

lol

In the old days this would have been fine. I remember being locked in through car with my siblings while my folks enjoyed a few ales in the pub. Another time my mum nipped into a shop leaving me and my sis in the car, but she forgot to put the handbrake on - cue crazy screaming and panic when the car rolled back into the main road.

I don't think you can arrest someone for being a bit of a crap parent sometimes. I'm typing this on my phone while my 7 month old girl is lying on the floor I'm a shitty nappy.

I think it is justified. I wouldn't leave my kids in a car unattended.

I bet after she was arrested the warden issued several tickets. That's why he called them in the first place.

a mother parks her car and nips into a shop for a minute leaving her 2 small kids locked in the car outside, fast asleep.

a traffic warden sees her doing this and calls police to the scene who arrive before she even leaves the shop.

she is arrested for child neglect and taken (along with her kids) to the station for questioning.

i imagine she probably won't get charged but is this treatment justified?

Well she's certainly neglecting them in jail. What a disgusting woman.

When I was 6 I was left alone in a car and I expertly rolled down a small hill and crashed into another parked car. It was fucking awesome and probably one of my best childhood memories. Honking the horn, rolling down the hill, hell yeah.

When I was 6 I was left alone in a car and I expertly rolled down a small hill and crashed into another parked car. It was fucking awesome and probably one of my best childhood memories. Honking the horn, rolling down the hill, hell yeah.

hhaha! I let off the hand brake in my mum's 4x4 (down a hill) as a kid too, my mum did this amazing flying pounce into the car and because she was so charged up she snapped of the hand brake trying to put it on again.

Super mum.

I was pretend driving (good times)

And that is why you ended up on a IDUMZ forum as an adult.

I don't think this incedent warrants WATMM supervision, but it's certainly irresponsible parenting.

I don't think that post warrants sperm stealing, but it's certainly irresponsible spelling.

I bet that mother got her kids by stealing the sperm from a man's rubbish, then with her pregnancy she forced the man to give her all her money to buy the car so she can abuse the kids by making them sit init whilst she selfishly runs into the shops.

I don't think this incedent warrants WATMM supervision, but it's certainly irresponsible parenting.

I don't think that post warrants sperm stealing, but it's certainly irresponsible spelling.

What?

Archived