IGNORED

Aphex Twin for The Polar Music Prize

cern

Here in Sweden we have a international music price award every year and the motivation to get the price is:

"achievements in music and/or musical activity, or for achievements which are found to be of great potential importance for music or musical activity, and it shall be referable to all fields within or closely connected with music". -wiki

And now when the house and electronic music overall has been more important over the years.. Doesn't the genius deserve a price?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aeioux

Has afx won any music awards in the past? Interesting subject...

I remember him picking up a joint Prize with Chris Cunningham - ARS Technica 1999 iirc.

Ah, yeah here it's in here > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prix_Ars_Electronica

I've got a video of them sitting in the audience together. RDJ has a massive pair of headphones on, as he had to sit through a few hours of presentations in German.

Guest isaki

I've got a video of them sitting in the audience together. RDJ has a massive pair of headphones on, as he had to sit through a few hours of presentations in German.

lol

vid link?

For those who doesn't know the price..

It's about $145800 + meet the Swedish Royalty etc..

Why don't you guys put that money towards better use like housing more muslims or importing more somalians and ethiopians.

Still no idea what this thread is about. Some kind of 'Price Is Right' game show for musicians? They go on TV and guess the prices of stuff to win a prize of $145000 and meet the Swedish royals. Uhm ok, yeah. i'm sure RDJ would be really up for this

:-I

• 5 weeks later...

If you check out the past winners there are some great names, like Björk, Steve Reich, Stockhausen and Robert Moog,

Step 1: Make acid

Step 2: Meet Swedish royalty

Step 3: Make acid with Swedish royalty then make sweet love to them in the four poster bed in the master suite

Archived