IGNORED

RIP Bob Brozman

delet...

I know that most here wouldn't know who this guy is. But this guy was amazing live, had a lust for the guitar and an inventive spirit.

Sad loss by any measure.

Huge fan of bob over here. Hadn't heard this until now :(

Jin Jin/firefly is a truly fantastic and unique record. Always makes me smile and was a great introduction to Brozmans other stuff.

RIP

I know that most here wouldn't know who this guy is. But this guy was amazing live, had a lust for the guitar and an inventive spirit.

Sad loss by any measure.

I'm ashamed to say I'm one of them. I was familiar with his work just a little bit from music history classes I took years ago but I never explored his discography. I'm watching videos of him now, he's more than just a virtuoso, he's a full-fledged historian. You rarely see such passionate musicologists who are also truly talented musicians themselves. That's really tragic he's gone at 59, especially considering he took his own life.

This is one of the most informative and vivid overviews I've seen of any music instrument's history:

http://youtu.be/7C3yytWIIp4

It too shows how important a knowledge of music history is, instead of getting trapped seeing everything from the perspective of whatever era your internal rationals for sound are boxed in. (maybe, some people hear it all anyway, somehow)

Thanks for that vid, brought a lump to my throat.

RIP

one of the few traditional musicians my parents always told me, whenever he came up in a conversation, to see live whenever i got the chance (it left an insanely fantastic impression on them, a true vurtuoso etc).. well i guess i won't get that chance anymore. sad loss indeed :/

great video thanks

Guest crowder

Always sad to see, especially when it's by suicide.

That video is fantastic. Definitely going to be digging a little more to see what I can learn about this guy.

Archived