IGNORED

Black Narcissus X - Black Narcissus X

Guest Lysergist

Guest Lysergist

Hi ! it's my first post on watmm, i'm sure you all are fans of J.K., there's another new release for him as Black Narcissus X

6 track 12" Vinyl Mini-LP

A1 Clodagh Intro
A2 Νάρκισσος
A3 Clodagh Part I

B1 Paro Taktsang
B2 Angu Ayah
B3 Sister Ruth

High up in an isolated valley in the Himalayas a group of Anglican nuns
reside in a former 'House of Women'. The Palace of Mopu, near Darjling, is the setting for emotional tensions, sexual repression and psychological drama.

A themed 6 track mini LP from a clandestine and sometime Rephlex UK producer/artist.

Available from all good stockists worldwide in June.

This is a limited vinyl only release with beautifully hand screenprinted LP artwork.

PRE-ORDER NOW DIRECT FROM SIGNALS AND SUPPORT INDEPENDANT LABELS DIRECT!

signalsmmx.bigcartel.com/product/sig-…-narcissus-x

Listen :
https://soundcloud.com/signalsmmx/sig-mmxiii-x-black-narcissus-x

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Papillon

Those samples made we want to seriously consider pre-ordering this.

Not.

Actually I like Jodey K music - just not really feeling this one. Sorry if my comment was a bit cruel.

Guest Retrig

To each his / her own. I just think that Jodey / (+Heidi?) is really showing an ability to do a variety of genres well. This is a fantastic Drexciyan take on the genre, much like Dave and Photodementia. That's what I gather, anyways.

If you've followed Jodey since the pre-Rephlex Myspace days, and even if you haven't, one thing is clear: Dude is progressing fucking amazingly. There's a time lapse between when things are made and when we officially receive them, and I can't imagine where he (and she!?) will go. We have a couple of RDJs leading the way to the Rephlexian future, and this is a historical part of it. Enjoy the ride. It's a fantastic time for braindance.

Cheers.

Any reason why these aren't on Rephlex and mp3? Just got EDM a2 and Photodementia in the mail today. I really love what they are doing, but I am so pissed off that I had to fly the CDs halfway around the world so that I could make a few mp3s out of them. The EDM case is a waste of graphic design and plastic and Photodementia looks nicer, but still they are just going to sit in a box or shelf now that I've copied them over. On top of that the CDs a little skippy... poot

What's the story? Do they make more money on physical? They just want to breed a handful of collectors? They are afraid of building deeper fan base?

Meanwhile, I and many others are even dropping the whole mp3 "thing" and just streaming through rdio / soundcloud / youtube

grrr

Guest Retrig

Any reason why these aren't on Rephlex and mp3? Just got EDM a2 and Photodementia in the mail today. I really love what they are doing, but I am so pissed off that I had to fly the CDs halfway around the world so that I could make a few mp3s out of them. The EDM case is a waste of graphic design and plastic and Photodementia looks nicer, but still they are just going to sit in a box or shelf now that I've copied them over. On top of that the CDs a little skippy... poot

What's the story? Do they make more money on physical? They just want to breed a handful of collectors? They are afraid of building deeper fan base?

Meanwhile, I and many others are even dropping the whole mp3 "thing" and just streaming through rdio / soundcloud / youtube

grrr

I don't speak for Grant, I have absolutely zero affiliation with Grant and Rephlex, and I'm just a 20 year fan, like you may or may not be.

Fuck, man. All of our situations in life are different. If you can pay a few extra quid to ship it from the UK to your elite house in the US, why not? If you can't, fucking pirate it. It will be sold out regardless. I'm finally in a situation in life where if I could name my price I'd give triple. I appreciate my physical copy, that I promptly rip to mp3. I buy files that take a couple minutes to download only when a vinyl or CD isn't an option. Your belief system is your own. Just support your artists. Or cheerlead for them.

Drop mp3? Stream via Soundcloud? Yes! By all means, but is that the full experience? Really? (and my old ears are shot).

Rephlex have their way of marketing via mystery. It has worked for a long time. Just remember: Grant said The Tuss isn't Aphex. Deduce what your brain wants. With that said, who knows? Clever marketing? Legal reasons? We're all totally wrong, and Rephlex is bankrupt, it's all coincidence, and these latest have zero to do with the "master label"?

Ultrademon: Rephlex release party.

/end

Edit: Just realized which thread I'm posting to. This is not a Rephlex release. Rephlex artist.

Edit 2: Changes nothing.

Edit 3: I was way too fucking much of an asshole in response to your post. I apologize. I've not had a problem ripping any of the latest. PM me if you have skippy copies of anything "Rephlex" and I'll shoot you a full quality .wav / 320 mp3 of whichever songs are goofy. Consider me Rephlex support. (Ban me, Joyrex, Rephlex, if need be)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lysergist

Retrig thank you very much ! All of you please check his music Retrig makes some great tunes !

A friend sent me zip file with 5 of the 6 track of Black Narcissus X, including this one but it seems doesn't appears in the tracklist album, but for sure it's a J.K track.
I've uploaded the others, i let you check it on my channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPGX33MU4GE&feature=youtu.be

Retrig thank you very much ! All of you please check his music Retrig makes some great tunes !

A friend sent me zip file with 5 of the 6 track of Black Narcissus X, including this one but it seems doesn't appears in the tracklist album, but for sure it's a J.K track.

I've uploaded the others, i let you check it on my channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPGX33MU4GE&feature=youtu.be

Your channel is quickly becoming one of my favorites :music:

• 1 month later...

Delayed from plant.

The pressing plant have been late getting the pressings for Black Narcissus X EP to us. We should have it shipped with a week or two (at the latest). Apologies for this. The artwork (hand screenprinted) is looking great though and the test pressing sounded great too. Hopefully it will be worth the wait for you.

Hope this hasn't caused any problems.

Kind Regards

Michael (Signals)

• 4 weeks later...

Silkscreened cover- wow, they really put a lot of effort into this. Would have been nice to get this release in digital format as well, but hey, the love and craftmanship counts in on this one.

They also released an 12inch with remixes by Zoviet France which are worth to be checked out.

Archived