IGNORED

Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, BoC never had to sell off their own rarities to support their families in the 8+ years between TCH and Tomorrow's Harvest...

Frankly surprised CAT034 isn't up for sale - you could easily get 1000 quid for that, but then you'd have to deal with Richard...

Heh, this is the oldest trick in the book. Whenever you talk about something up for bid at an auction that you really want, you say bad things about it. 'That's awful, who would buy that? The band would be outraged' you know that kind of silly stuff. If your competition doesn't think you're interested, you can sneak in at the last minute and win. Nice try, but it's amateurish, and it won't work on an auction for something this awesome.

A Few Old Tunes Vol. 1 is already up to 235 quid. With six days left in the auction. Better get your wallets out ladies.

Heh, this is the oldest trick in the book. Whenever you talk about something up for bid at an auction that you really want, you say bad things about it. 'That's awful, who would buy that? The band would be outraged' you know that kind of silly stuff. If your competition doesn't think you're interested, you can sneak in at the last minute and win. Nice try, but it's amateurish, and it won't work on an auction for something this awesome.

A Few Old Tunes Vol. 1 is already up to 235 quid. With six days left in the auction. Better get your wallets out ladies.

can you please, like, read the rules? thanks.

I would say this is not okay to do unless you have BOC's blessing. And I don't see how you would since if they really wanted to, they'd sell it themselves. If you do, then more power to you. But if not, this is fishy. It would be no different than joyrex selling that unreleased aphex tape. Selling somebody else's music without their permission (them not authorizing it and/or getting a cut) is wrong. Imagine how you guys would feel if you sent a demo to a label and then the owner sold it years later for a large amount of money and didn't even fill you in / ask for permission.

So wait, you've never bought a used record before?

Admittedly, demos and promotional items get sold in the second-hand market all the time. Everyone's only having a cow over this because it's the BoC Sacred Cow, or some such nonsense.

I'm a musician who makes a living off my trade, and it's 100% crystal clear to me that anything I send out to friends, family or fans can and potentially will end up sold on the internet, and out of my control, without me ever seeing a penny from the transaction. And it has happened too - limited things or special one-offs I made for friends get put up for some quick bank when they have bills to pay. There's no hard feelings or surprise there - that's just life for a lot of us.

To imagine that the Sandisons fully expect these things to never ever surface or trade hands with or without money involved (much less, leak on the web for all the desperate people who can't afford an artifact like this) is incredibly naive and unrealistic.

'Enter a new display name', on 03 Dec 2011 - 6:42 PM, said:snapback.png

inb4 Mellow U complaining

Wait, did you read what I wrote? Wasn't complaining, I actually support Mike doing whatever he wants with his stuff!

Wow Joyrex, expected better decorum from yourself in regards to talking about artist's personal lives. As stated before, these are just collecting dust on a shelf we aren't dying for money but why not sell them? There's people out there that want them and as I mentioned before the tracks are in the public domain.

I remember seeing several leaks on this forum from your beloved artists and you were all happy to download them even though they weren't ready for release or they were unwanted in the public domain at that time. Mike wouldn't leak stuff or be ungentlemanly towards his friends, he has these tracks digitally so it's not really necessary for him to have tapes (which are obsolete!). We aren't materialistic about bullshit like this because the music is whats important.

In all seriousness, how much money do you all think we (watmm) could put together in 6 days? Probably not enough to secure one of these artifacts for the good of humanity, right?

Guest rezz

Admittedly, demos and promotional items get sold in the second-hand market all the time. Everyone's only having a cow over this because it's the BoC Sacred Cow, or some such nonsense.

milieu confirmed as secret cow farmer. you heard it here first folks

milieu confirmed as secret cow farmer. you heard it here first folks

Mellow Moo

Archived