IGNORED

Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What utter shite people are pontificating about in here.

To make just the ONE assumption, I would imagine that 'permission' (aka The Holy Sacrament of Boccian Blessings ) has been attained and/or transmitted from EH14, in order to comply with Fanboy/girl Song Etiquette, re: the selling of The Precious Things.

And if not, who gives a fuck. (Yes, the irony of posting in this thread, etc., ahem)

I shudder to think what's going on at Twoism...are they burning crosses yet?

ps Rixxx, hope you get a pile for the soon to come babby!

Christ. What a fuss about nothing.

Guy wants to sell home-made tapes from the mid-90s. So what?

And

Old Tunes stuff has been circulating for years.

I really can think of no other artist who would generate this kind of nonsense with fans in regards to second-hand sales of public-domain material. Promos have been sold-on in record stores/ebay etc for years. Why should BOC be exempt from this? If they didn't want the material out to the world, then it shouldn't have been given to people in the first place. I realise the world was a different place back then before the internet took off like it did, but is this really such a big deal? Should people ring Mike/Markus every time they decide to sell one of their records on ebay, just to make sure they're cool with it? Don't be ridiculous.

I bet most of the people moaning in this thread would be the first to criticise Microsoft for their second-hand policy on the new Xbox One. It's time to get a grip.

What utter shite people are pontificating about in here.

To make just the ONE assumption, I would imagine that 'permission' (aka The Holy Sacrament of Boccian Blessings ) has been attained and/or transmitted from EH14, in order to comply with Fanboy/girl Song Etiquette, re: the selling of The Precious Things.

And if not, who gives a fuck. (Yes, the irony of posting in this thread, etc., ahem)

I shudder to think what's going on at Twoism...are they burning crosses yet?

ps Rixxx, hope you get a pile for the soon to come babby!

omg lol this thread.

so many assumptions.

This thread is fantastic. Can not wait to see Twoism's antics...

no brisk, don't talk sense into them - I want more lulz

yes and also if mdg does not object then mate yea its plain simple hypocrisy in my book.

posters, rsd records, ALL intended for the public to find different kettle of fish. thanks.

about the reserve mdg has already quoted:

"a starting price of $799 speaks volumes about 'prince murat's true intentions. who is trying to profit from hype here?"

she's now rammin on about what difference will a few missing records from the shelf of 10,000 make! oh the oblivion icon_lol.gif using the pregnancy as a self pity tactic. pathetic, sell a few thousand official records from the collection if times are so hard but please do keep your morals if that clicks inside and we're not talking about the vinyl records . the cassettes, tapes, mcs, get them off!

never liked planet mu anyway, skittle music most of it. apparently 3 tracks of shit a day their boss was firing against the walls, that does not surprise me.

The last quote is a highlight from the Twoism thread, they seriously need to get a grip. I can understand them not being happy about Mike P. making some money from the tapes to pay bills (yup, bills), but "using the pregnancy as a self pity tactic"? What the hell, man. If you offered any of them those tapes for a fixed fee behind the scenes, they'd be all over them in an instant, just sounds like extreme jealousy to me, or am I pointing out the obvious?

I wouldn't pay that kind of money with annotations on the sleeves anyway :emotawesomepm9:

Awh man, I thought this thread was gonna be boring shite about selling boc records, so I never bothered to read it.

Boy was I wrong. A+ thread, frame it.

I've got second or third generation (who knows) copies of Maxima and AFOT1 which I got from a friend of an associate of the BoCs, back in 98.

I'm not looking to make any cash off of them, mainly because a) I can't, LOL, as they're copies and b) some of you really scare the fucking shit out of me.

BUT...this could provide an opportunity for decent rippage, potentially...if someone else wanted to do the hard work.

I believe this offering of mine could finally bring about peace between the WATTM and the Twoism.

My only demand is that you both look deep into your souls, contemplate what you've said and done, then kiss and make up.

Do take plenty of pics/video, and if it progresses beyond kissing, just go with it and lose yourselves to the moment...you beautiful things.

It's only up to £300, i wonder if all this nonsense has scared away bidders. Although it's early days, once collectors get back from the weekend to bludging on ebay at their workstations, it'll have to go up a little. Well if this isn't all the market can support price wise, for this offering.

So I guess Twoism proved themselves to be a bunch oversensitive bronies. Again.

Tiresome.

If you're going to be a douchy opportunist and violate someone else's trust for your own personal profit,

does not understand, is it just that BOC fans are ultra territorial or is there something I've missed in regards to the 'private' nature of what looks like to be a publicly (albeit limited run) distributed cassette tape?

But it really wasn't a public release. The Old Tunes stuff seems like it was compiled concurrently with Maxima/Twoism and these tapes were sent to friends/family and a few label reps they were interested in being signed to, and this is where we are today. The fact that they didn't even list these releases on their website circa 1998 even when stuff like Play By Numbers and Hooper Bay were there (including short samples) tells you they never intended these compilations for public consumption. That cat was out of the bag a long time ago, but it doesn't make it right to do this now.

Ultimately, if you are going to go against the band's wishes, do something productive and provide further archival information regarding the stuff we DON'T have (scans of Hooper Bay, etc) the music is too much to hope for, and I hope BoC is smart and they finally decide to bite the bullet and realize there is a market for this material and release it themselves.

"The band's wishes"... LOL

My liege, what are your wishes? Scary Opo, what's wrong with you?

Hey rixxx, hope you and the kid-to-be are alright.

This reminds me of the guy announcing the waterpark screening "as its Boards of Canada's wish stop all audio recording after the third song" Sure I would follow "the bands wishes" and not have a high quality recording weeks before every body else just to not hurt their feelings lol.

The bands feelings are hurt. You lost their blessings lol

Guest mehbleh

I've got second or third generation (who knows) copies of Maxima and AFOT1 which I got from a friend of an associate of the BoCs, back in 98.

I'm not looking to make any cash off of them, mainly because a) I can't, LOL, as they're copies and b) some of you really scare the fucking shit out of me.

BUT...this could provide an opportunity for decent rippage, potentially...if someone else wanted to do the hard work.

I believe this offering of mine could finally bring about peace between the WATTM and the Twoism.

My only demand is that you both look deep into your souls, contemplate what you've said and done, then kiss and make up.

Do take plenty of pics/video, and if it progresses beyond kissing, just go with it and lose yourselves to the moment...you beautiful things.

Good copies of red moss, white water, and original nlogax would be AMAZING!

This reminds me of the guy announcing the waterpark screening "as its Boards of Canada's wish stop all audio recording after the third song" Sure I would follow "the bands wishes" and not have a high quality recording weeks before every body else just to not hurt their feelings lol.

The bands feelings are hurt. You lost their blessings lol

Still though, this fuss about a demo from 15+ years ago? That's "slightly" different to a listening party of an about to be released album, right?

What I don't understand about all this is that just about everyone has these recordings anyway, don't they?

They've been circulating on the interwebs for years.

this whole boc tapes discussion' reminds me of this scene in a recent basquiat documentary, where basquiat gave a friend (other half of samo) a painting out of love and his friend immediately sold it, he says he regrets it and acted like 'a total sleazebag' or something along those lines, and regrets it to this day.

although not attributing this to mike & rizzz as they want to start a family (amazing!), & it’s a different situation, but it asks the question that if you have been given something unique & valuable out of love respect, etc should you turn around & sell it?

if you have been given something unique & valuable out of love respect, etc should you turn around & sell it?

Why the hell not, it's just stuff. People need to get some serious fucking perspective in BoC-land.

Do you really think Mike & Marcus breathed the words "this is sent with love and respect" into each envelope they posted out, back in the 90s? :emotawesomepm9:

They were just looking to get a record deal. And they did. Now they make a living out of their music. Nice.

If Mike & Rixxx can make a bob or two out of a few bits of memorabilia, all fucking power to them. As someone else said, it's a perk of being a label boss.

Planet Mu has put out loads of great stuff over a 15 year period and that's a lot of bloody hard work.

I imagine he runs Mu because he loves music and respects the artists he releases.

Ach, what the fuck do I know. I'm going out side to build a satellite dish for tomorrow night.

:mu-ziq:

this whole boc tapes discussion' reminds me of this scene in a recent basquiat documentary, where basquiat gave a friend (other half of samo) a painting out of love and his friend immediately sold it, he says he regrets it and acted like 'a total sleazebag' or something along those lines, and regrets it to this day.

although not attributing this to mike & rizzz as they want to start a family (amazing!), & it’s a different situation, but it asks the question that if you have been given something unique & valuable out of love respect, etc should you turn around & sell it?

BOC didn't give Mike P the tape out of love and friendship though. They did it presumably because they wanted him to consider releasing their music on his label (until warp/skam got involved at least)

It's just a music promo. You see these in record store crates all the time and nobody cares.

This really is a big deal over nothing, who are we to say what rixxx / Mike can and cannot do with something they own. If BoC takes an issue with this they will prevent the sale, if they are fine with it they won't, and at the end of the day they are the only ones who should be making any decision about how 'right' or 'wrong' this is, not a bunch of guys on a music forum, it's their music. Demos and rare recordings trade hands all the time, and these have been heard before anyway.

Archived