IGNORED

Limmy

pcock

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually live about a mile away from yoker. i sometimes go there on my morning walk. 

its grim.

it's a joke that deedee thinks yoker rhymes with porter right? like that's a joke to scottish people too?

i actually live about a mile away from yoker. i sometimes go there on my morning walk. 

its grim.

it's a joke that deedee thinks yoker rhymes with porter right? like that's a joke to scottish people too?

considering how close he lives to it, i think maybe he picked it just cos its a funny sounding place name, even in glasgow. 

Edited by messiaen

yoker does kind of rhyme with porter in glaswegian, but why porter? thats gone over my head.

i also think it plays on the reality that serious jakeys/deedees will very rarely ever leave the small area of town that they grow up in. so although yoker is just a grim, impoverished chunk of glasgow a 15 minute bus ride from the west end, it would seem completely exotic to a man who had literally never left scoutstoun. 

Edited by messiaen

it's a joke that deedee thinks yoker rhymes with porter right?

Aye that's what I always took from it - And hence the confusion on the hairdresser's face when he brings it up

it's a joke that deedee thinks yoker rhymes with porter right?

Aye that's what I always took from it - And hence the confusion on the hairdresser's face when he brings it up

ah shit yeah i remember now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fuckin, I go to see a 10:20am showing a the avengers endgeym, because I dinnae wanna be in a big theater fulla people, because the way I see it, you’re just askin to be murdered by an active shooter, just pure blown away by some lad who lives with his mum. A guy like that lives with so much pain m8, and I oughta know, because I was that guy, and there was a teym when I wanted to inflict maximum carnage, just pure snuff out a theater full of innocent life, but I’m not that guy innae more man, I’m not that gey innae more. So I’m in the theatre, and thanos gets his fuckin head chopped off in the first 5 minutes, and the whole theater was shocked, just pure couldnae believe everybody’s favorite super villain is dead in the fuckin climax of the MCU, but I saw it comin from a mile away. So the movie goes on, but I’m not payin attention innae more, I’m just thinking about thanos, how he wanted to cut the population of the universe in half and all, and I realeyze, what’s so different aboat him and one of these guys who lives with his mum, besides a giant space ship and an army of alien monsters? And these guys dinnae want anything as grandiose as thanos, they dinnae want to destroy half the universe, just haffa the theatre. And thas when I remember the reddit sub, r/thanoswasntwrong, and I think about how it had something like 500k people in it, and it kept showing up on the front page, because there are all these people who think the earth is over populated, how we aren’t gonnae make it as a species, and I start to put the pieces together, and that’s when i start to panick man, just pure start sweatin bullets, and I cannae stand it anymore, and I bolt up from my seat and out of the theater, make the 10:45 bus, and I’m gone m8, I’m fuckin gone. I never did see how the movie ends, but I’m not gonna find out any time soon, it’s too risky m8, too risky.

Limmy current day 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...