IGNORED

What do you hope for from the next BoC? (post TH)

lumpenprol

I'm sure this is premature but whatever. What are you hoping is BoC's next evolution/direction?

For me, I would love for them to to try and make their "In a Silent Way" (for those who have heard the Miles Davis album). I think it's the perfect time in their evolution to try something like this.

In other words, dial the big ol' beats and the "epic tracks" way back, and focus just on ambience and melodies. In essence, it could be like an extended IABPOITC, but with some of that crisper, more detailed TCH and TH production (if they are still keen on that).

It's pretty clear to me that they have mellowed out a bit in their "old age", but that's just fine. I hope they can become the Neil Young of electronica. I don't think they need to keep pushing tracks like Cold Earth, New Seeds, and Come to Dust (although they sound nice I guess, but I don't think it's what they're best at). Just listen to the melody in Collapse, it's lovely. It's clear they still have "it", at least in spurts. It's not that that I don't want beats at all, but I'd love some pulsing, organic beats that complement the track, just like the IABPOITC ep. The end goal being to create a kind of opiate, soothing haze throughout the album - without being dull. Man that would be so great.

How about you guys?

lumpy's idea in the OP sound pretty good to me. Going to have go down the predictable route with a couple of hours' worth of BoC vignettes, jingles and idents. Obviously wouldn't have much in the way of structure, more a kind of library album. Damn, and to think I posted more than once in the past that I didn't give a toss if they were never heard of again...

As long as it provokes another nervous breakdown in oscilick, I don't care.

please point out where exactly I had a nervous breakdown.

or is it rather just your fanboy tendencies disagreeing with the fact that someone doesn't find this album an orgasmic experience?

Guest feralkittens

All I want is to not wait for so long for a new album release again.

My one true wish. I wouldn't say no to another song in the vein of Gemini though.

I completely agree on wanting less "epic" tracks, more short thoughtful tracks. Those <90sec tracks have always been their strongest, imo. Constants Are Changing.

But I'm not picky. I'll be elated if the next release happens in 6 years or less

I hope for the more of the same.

There is absolutely no correlation between Miles Davis and BoC.

In A Silent Way was Miles completely changing gears.

One of the greatest albums ever. As is Tomorrow's Harvest.

Both completely different, so different there is no comparison.

"they sound nice, I guess????"

Why even bother if you have a mediocre opinion of this record?

You must be bored.

or metatrolling, genius and idiotic all at the same time.

But if this is serious, your opinions elsewhere have been negated.

Thanks

Guest isaki

at first I thought each track had its own cover art, but then it appeared to be only "reach for the dead"... so reach for the dead EP soon? has this been discussed? haven't been on here in a few days

I hope for the more of the same.

There is absolutely no correlation between Miles Davis and BoC.

In A Silent Way was Miles completely changing gears.

One of the greatest albums ever. As is Tomorrow's Harvest.

Both completely different, so different there is no comparison.

"they sound nice, I guess????"

Why even bother if you have a mediocre opinion of this record?

You must be bored.

or metatrolling, genius and idiotic all at the same time.

But if this is serious, your opinions elsewhere have been negated.

Thanks

lol, hi atop

at first I thought each track had its own cover art, but then it appeared to be only "reach for the dead"... so reach for the dead EP soon? has this been discussed? haven't been on here in a few days

no but Reach For The Dead is a single and most if not all singles have their own cover art

More tracks like Gemini,maybe no beats at all on their new album, unless they're like the one on Causeway.

But yeah, just synths and weird voices pls, although I prefer it when you can't tell what the voices say, like Autechre do.

Archived