IGNORED

Official Bottled Water & Drinking Water-Related Thread

Lane Visitor

I've never tried sparkling water =(

oh man you are in for a treat. buy some 100% cranberry/blackberry/whatever juice and make a mix 50/50. afternoon heaven in a glass.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it only needs 5-20% of the glass filled with juice lest you lose too much of that blessed fizz.

dammit dleet, you called me on it....I do that as well but thought it a personal preference and didn't want to unduly influence anyone.

well...maybe im more 30/70. but yeah. juice is too sweet for my geriatric mouth.

goddamn im gonna make one of those right now.

same here (actually i'll just have some water). Also, stephen probably shouldn't have too much sugar, given his alcohol problem, might not be good for his liver.

watmm cares.

Guest realtrance

yeah this is bullshit, unless you're living in some post-colonial third world shithole soon to be dominated by multinational corporations chances are your tap water is just fine

You mean like the United States?

yeah this is bullshit, unless you're living in some post-colonial third world shithole soon to be dominated by multinational corporations chances are your tap water is just fine

Real talk

Real talk

Apply tap water (filtered) directly to the burn.

seriously, dihydrogen monoxide is a big problem. factsheet here. did u know this is in your glass?

SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS
KEEP CONTAINER TIGHTLY CLOSED. SUITABLE FOR ANY GENERAL CHEMICAL STORAGE
AREA. DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE IS CONSIDERED A NON-REGULATED PRODUCT, BUT
REACTS VIGOROUSLY WITH SOME MATERIALS. THESE INCLUDE SODIUM, POTASSIUM
AND OTHER ALKALI METALS; ELEMENTAL FLUORINE; AND STRONG DEHYDRATING AGENTS
SUCH AS SULFURIC ACID. IT FORMS EXPLOSIVE GASES WITH CALCIUM CARBIDE.
AVOID CONTACT WITH ALL MATERIALS UNTIL INVESTIGATION SHOWS SUBSTANCE IS
COMPATIBLE. EXPANDS SIGNIFICANTLY UPON FREEZING. DO NOT STORE IN RIGID
CONTAINER AND PROTECT FROM FREEZING.

no, i totally agree. either there is a huge water conspiracy going on in the world or some peeple r complete psychopaths or they are stupid and they don't take notice to simple scientific data or worse

In Egypt it was all about Nestle Pure Life, cuz they have a monopoly over there, but it's just nonsense water (have to drink bottled water there, cuz the direct tap will make you shit in your pants in your face). Volvic is quality, very energetically and minerally non-reactional in nature, leaving no residue, tested amongst dozens of other waters, very pure and Earth/human in-tuned amongst consumer-level water. I bought some arctic deep sea water or someshit in Hawaii, which was like $7 for a small bottle, and that shit was crazy. It was so smooth, it was almost creamy, yet the transparency almost filled me with light. Made me want to chug it. I was impressed that water could taste so good. Qualities that I don't like in drinking water (besides shit like unnecessary metals and chemicals) are bite and dryness. Natural sources/springs tend to be very smooth, so I'm guessing that's how water is supposed to taste-- or at least that preference is built into my cavehuman DNA.

Oh no don't buy Nestle. Everyone knows that their water is made from the tears collected from women and children in third world countries.

Seriously though the CEO of Nestle wants to privatize water and denies that access to clean drinking water is a basic human right. Evil Man!

I'm drinking water right now!, all i drink is water really (sometimes i drink sports drinks but not a lot)

Water is the best drink in my opinion. Fuck soda and the rest. (im not including alcohol in the fuck category obviously)

And i only buy bottled water because i drink while im at work or at the gym, its just easier dont judge me.

What's the big deal about fiji water? When i think of that place, a cheap tourist spot with not many paved roads comes to mind. Guess it sounds more exotic to people over on the other side of the pacific.

Fiji Water came under fire in 2006. An advertisement that says "The label says Fiji because it's not bottled in Cleveland" was taken as an insult by the city's water department. The Cleveland Water Department ran tests comparing a bottle of Fiji Water to Cleveland tap water and some other national bottled brands. Fiji Water topped the pack in arsenic and other contaminants, the test showed. On 28 July, The Plain Dealer reported that the advertisement (which was to run through the end of the year) was pulled after the test results were published by the paper
In Fiji

Fiji Water bottles water from Fiji and ships it overseas; 53 percent of Fiji islanders do not have access to drinking water

In 2007–2008, disputes with the Fiji government over export duties led to legal cases, impounded shipments and a self-imposed industry-wide shutdown of Fijian water bottlers. The government eventually dropped its proposed 20-cent per liter tax In December 2008, Fiji Water laid off 40 percent of its staff due to weakening sales.

In November 2010, Fiji deported Fiji Water director of external affairs, David Roth, for "interfering in Fiji's domestic affairs," leading to the resignation of interim defence and immigration minister, Ratu Epeli Ganilau. Shortly afterwards, an increase in the tax from one-third of a Fiji cent per liter to 15 cents per liter for producers over 15 million liters/month which at that point in time applied only to Fiji Water, led the company to shut down its Fiji Island offices on 29 November 2010. This raise was to raise Fiji Water's tax contribution on to the Fiji Government on the F$150 million (AUD 82 million) they exported each year from F$500,000 to F$22.6 million. The next step for the brand was thought to be a move to New Zealand. However, after threats from the government to give the well to another company, the Fiji Water announced its intent to resume operations and accept the new tax levy

In December 2010, Fiji Water's Fiji plant had 400 employees. Fiji Water has also established a foundation to provide water filters to Fiji communities, many of which lack access to clean water.

Sounds like a classic case of exploitation of a little ole island nation to me.

• 3 months later...

It's not very information dense that plea. How many people are affected? How many villages? What is this product, whom is shipped and sold to and in what numbers? Those links at the bottom of the page don't sell their story either as they are all outrage and no facts pertaining to the case that they're selling. All the links offer are either purposeless outrage or global stats about the number of kids without access to clean drinking water and how many that then kills. Neither connect in any way to the matter at hand.

sceptical about this organisation, trying to make a name for itself with this petition, perhaps then attract funding for itself and it's founders. Control and redirect the debate in the future, and weed out true believers. (*note that i don't need any facts to support my claims either)

Sorry MC, but yaknow.

Archived