IGNORED

Tuss' Studio "Rare Footage" YouTube video

ferro4prez

I messaged the guy about 4-5 years ago, when the video first came out and it had <100 views. He said he had business relations with aphex and took the video during a tour of his studio, which I'm inclined to believe since the video has always seemed genuine to me.

This always fucked my mind so hard.

http://www.flickr.com/people/masonicboomk8/

She used to post here. After annoying the shit out of everyone she called us misogynists and left.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive been going through old threads on xltronic. that site had way more girls. great girls.. maybe there are girls here but i agree with my friend that watmm is too divided up into subforums.

I can think of a few women here offhand, but we're clearly outnumbered. And frankly, threads like "54 Cymru Beats - hidden meaning" (at least, the first post in it) sound kind of like a guy bearing such a grudge against women that he needs professional help for it, but maybe that's just my interpretation of his interpretation. It's, uh, not the most welcoming place to outsiders, but I guess I should have expected that from the registration questions.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a place to talk to people about some of the musicians I love, it's just odd to sometimes get chased out with pitchforks for talking about other musicians I also love.

I think fundamentally the issue's more to do with society in general and how people are still largely encouraged in certain directions and discouraged from others from a young age based on their sex. We really should be beyond this, with girls being encouraged to do technical things like programming just as much as boys. Then there'll be more women who like technical music.

I think fundamentally the issue's more to do with society in general and how people are still largely encouraged in certain directions and discouraged from others from a young age based on their sex. We really should be beyond this, with girls being encouraged to do technical things like programming just as much as boys. Then there'll be more women who like technical music.

I wonder for how many more decades you are going to blame culture. If it was up to culture i'd be a rugby league playing, winfield smoking, jacked up Navara driving father with 1.8 kids and perhaps one divorce under my belt by now. The electronic music that we listen to is a niche within a niche, listened to by a few for whom the sounds make sense and bring joy. To get to this point we just kept our ears open and went our own way. Women have been emancipated for some decades now, and those of the more independent spirit can allow their spirits to flow in whatever direction that interests them. Given then the small number needed to make an impact in such a tiny space why aren't they here? Well because proportionally they aren't interested in this type of music to the same degree as men. It speaks to fundamental biological difference that can't be overcome no matter the pandering to pointless plaintive pleas to placate some phony guilt held over a distiction between the sexes. So in summation if they liked it and wanted to make it, and were going to be good enough to peak the interest of others, they'd be doing it by now and you would have heard about it.

/unpins and drop hand grenade then walks away.

Given then the small number needed to make an impact in such a tiny space why aren't they here? Well because proportionally they aren't interested in this type of music to the same degree as men. It speaks to fundamental biological difference that can't be overcome no matter the pandering to pointless plaintive pleas to placate some phony guilt held over a distiction between the sexes. So in summation if they liked it and wanted to make it, and were going to be good enough to peak the interest of others, they'd be doing it by now and you would have heard about it.

What, like Daphne Oram, Delia Derbyshire, Wendy Carlos, Suzanne Ciani and countless others?

Unless by "here" you mean WATMM in particular, in which case, I know plenty of women who make electronic music, one of whom already was here before leaving, and others who I wouldn't really feel comfortable recommending the place to. The problem isn't that women can't be interested in stereotypically masculine things. It's probably a lot more that we're not interested enough in them to put up with all the macho nonsense that seems ubiquitous in the places they're discussed.

I could have sworn there was a thread around here somewhere about women who made electronic music that was actually about their music and not judging them for their looks, or did I imagine it? At any rate, I can't find it now, hence the one I linked to instead, which kind of proves my point about how unfriendly the atmosphere in such places can be to women...

Given then the small number needed to make an impact in such a tiny space why aren't they here? Well because proportionally they aren't interested in this type of music to the same degree as men. It speaks to fundamental biological difference that can't be overcome no matter the pandering to pointless plaintive pleas to placate some phony guilt held over a distiction between the sexes. So in summation if they liked it and wanted to make it, and were going to be good enough to peak the interest of others, they'd be doing it by now and you would have heard about it.

What, like Daphne Oram, Delia Derbyshire, Wendy Carlos, Suzanne Ciani and countless others?

Unless by "here" you mean WATMM in particular, in which case, I know plenty of women who make electronic music, one of whom already was here before leaving, and others who I wouldn't really feel comfortable recommending the place to. The problem isn't that women can't be interested in stereotypically masculine things. It's probably a lot more that we're not interested enough in them to put up with all the macho nonsense that seems ubiquitous in the places they're discussed.

Pointing out the miniscule number of exceptions that prove the rule is meaningless, as is your ire. Embrace reality, it's a nice place too. I could nitpick every point talking about how if there were female producers (of note) that given watmmrs low on girlfriends brainstate, they'd probably be all over them in an hive of frenzy. And how i have no interest in programming but like complex music, and that you are conflating an interest in mucking around with equipment for it's own sake, to being of a compositional mindset. Or how men and women are different, just look at the olympics. Perhaps art is part of the sexual display mechanism which helps females choose a male partner. And so on. Perhaps you'll calm down, perhaps this will only inflame your wrath. Either way, me continuing with this line of discussion serves no purpose. My point stands, time will tell whether i'm right. future possibilities given by genetic enhancement notwithstanding.

/love dleetr

IDM is a rabbit hole. No wonder so many artists really just try and copy one innovative artist. You listen to it enough and you analyze it to death and all you want to do is conquer the method. I think your best bet is not to think of music as either electronic or the other stuff. we are trying to invent here.

I can think of a few women here offhand, but we're clearly outnumbered.

i would consider you one of the coolest girls Zoe. Its a shame you weren't around back when xltronic was buzzing. im just feeling nostalgic for the site cause ive sparked a wonderful friendship with someone from there recently

Guest chops727

yeah lol

put left and right channels out of phase

and everyone will think you're RDJ

i just tried it and it does not work clever clogs, the vocal is not dead in the middle so it does not work.

That clip is definitely from the stems or an isolated mixing channel.

I can think of a few women here offhand, but we're clearly outnumbered.

i would consider you one of the coolest girls Zoe. Its a shame you weren't around back when xltronic was buzzing. im just feeling nostalgic for the site cause ive sparked a wonderful friendship with someone from there recently

i justed checked xltronic reading this,i think it's cool. there was a joyrex thread so i clicked it and man wtf lol

joymeng i really hope that isn't you posting there cause that is pretty low dude wtf

fucking lel

I wonder for how many more decades you are going to blame culture. If it was up to culture i'd be a rugby league playing, winfield smoking, jacked up Navara driving father with 1.8 kids and perhaps one divorce under my belt by now. The electronic music that we listen to is a niche within a niche, listened to by a few for whom the sounds make sense and bring joy. To get to this point we just kept our ears open and went our own way. Women have been emancipated for some decades now, and those of the more independent spirit can allow their spirits to flow in whatever direction that interests them. Given then the small number needed to make an impact in such a tiny space why aren't they here? Well because proportionally they aren't interested in this type of music to the same degree as men. It speaks to fundamental biological difference that can't be overcome no matter the pandering to pointless plaintive pleas to placate some phony guilt held over a distiction between the sexes. So in summation if they liked it and wanted to make it, and were going to be good enough to peak the interest of others, they'd be doing it by now and you would have heard about it.

/unpins and drop hand grenade then walks away.

Great post, delet!

Xltronic, to me, is a case of a community where lots of people eventually got a life (married, kids, jobs) and went their way, without new people or active site development to maintain the flow of (new) people.

If jr+crew weren't as active and involved as they are, the same could happen here... Or anywhere else for that matter.

men are programmed to blow things up and turn the world into a barren circuit board

women are programmed to cry and collect barbies

the system does that, creates and perpetuates extreme gender roles, because its compatible with the dominant morality codes, cause parents guilt each other into conforming.

boys and girls are separated from birth, they are told to wear different clothes and go to different toilets. while they are separated, teachers and parents treat them differently, conditioning them to either like IDM or Beeber.

(edit)

the tuss video must be authentic, i bet caption cornwall filmed it.

Archived