IGNORED

Tuss' Studio "Rare Footage" YouTube video

ferro4prez

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since when does a video of a non descript art project thing qualify as studio footage?

it's a pretty rare leslie rotating speaker unit

since when does a video of a non descript art project thing qualify as studio footage?

It's clearly fake.

First of all, the audio is way too clean to be recorded with the shitty camcorder that is filming. There is no room ambience tone.

Second, when the camera moves, the audio doesn't get louder when the camera is placed right next to the speaker / isn't quieter at the start.

Move along.

It's clearly fake.

First of all, the audio is way too clean to be recorded with the shitty camcorder that is filming. There is no room ambience tone.

Second, when the camera moves, the audio doesn't get louder when the camera is placed right next to the speaker / isn't quieter at the start.

Move along.

Yes agreed, but pretend the video doesn't exist -- it's a clean, ambienceless Tuss stem track playing...which is the mindfuck here. Forget the video, where did that audio come from?

those speakers were used with the yamaha ex-42

http://antiquitymusic.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=358

IMG_7602-1024x768.JPG

i was aware of the whole 'tuss studio' vid thing, but this adds a whole new dimension to it. innnntereeesssssting

ludd is a national treasure, IDM's version of stephen fry

From the link above:

The Yamaha EX-42 is a well-kept secret among many producers and famous musicians. For example, if you conduct a search, you'll see that the first instrument that Gotye bought with his millions after his recent mega-hit "Somebody That I Used to Know" was a Yamaha EX-42. In addition, Aphex Twin, Justice, and Sean Lennon each own one.

De lolz

those speakers were used with the yamaha ex-42

http://antiquitymusic.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=358

Holy fuck that is pretty! If I ever get filthy rich...

The odd choice of lighting makes me think this is legit - from all the pics of Richard's studio setups we've seen, he seems to like that warm lamplight. Silly, I know, but not just anyone has a Yamaha 42 (or access to one), not to mention the stem Analord track, as mentioned before. The only odd thing is how the music doesn't get louder getting near the speakers, but that might be due to the sound coming from other monitors, and not the Yamaha. Might have just turned it on to show it off how it works.

Off tangent: he needs to release more Tuss stuff. Way more.

Those tunes have been released 7 years ago and still sound as fresh as they did then. Awesome....w.e.n.e.e.d.m.o.r.e.!!!!

Aphex and BoC both seem to have a Col. Kurtz syndrome, where everything is spooky, secret and darkness.

But I have to try to put the image out of my mind of them sitting in underpants and munching on bowels of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes first....

The odd choice of lighting makes me think this is legit - from all the pics of Richard's studio setups we've seen, he seems to like that warm lamplight. Silly, I know, but not just anyone has a Yamaha 42 (or access to one), not to mention the stem Analord track, as mentioned before. The only odd thing is how the music doesn't get louder getting near the speakers, but that might be due to the sound coming from other monitors, and not the Yamaha. Might have just turned it on to show it off how it works.

yeah imo there's zero chance that the music is coming from those speakers. But also I don't think the intention was to make anyone think it was. I think he was just showcasing two unrelated things, one audio, one visual.

the spinning speaker looks quite good.

also, the tuss covers are quite good.

makes me wonder about looneys who would go through such insane trouble to copy somebody elses song :/

Aphex and BoC both seem to have a Col. Kurtz syndrome, where everything is spooky, secret and darkness.

But I have to try to put the image out of my mind of them sitting in underpants and munching on bowels of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes first....

This, plus the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Archived