IGNORED

Richard is bankrupt.

Klopjob

Only getting chatter because people keep making silly threads that the mods leave open. I get it though. They are (somewhat) entertaining.

"Well i won't stop *making music*, i'll just stop releasing it. I only ever released music to earn a living anyway." - Loaded Interview

It seems like he stopped releasing albums because Druqks was considered an incoherent mess by critics. After that he's released music only under hidden names like The Tuss and the Analord series. This was the first time he had to deal with such, all his previous efforts were critical darlings, which may have put a dent in his ego.

Yeah but the main consensus overall is that it is a ''''''masterpiece'''''' & it is a great album. With financial success there is definitely some kind of trade up, you lose something along the way, you can see this with artists & it being reflected in their work a lot. Perhaps he has become likely lazy with financial success & age, or more worryingly creatively bankrupt......... (Although i can't really see how he is that financially successful anymore & it shouldn't b his prime concern)

in what world is drukqs a masterpiece. this album is still getting a rather lukewarm reaction and is considered one of his weaker efforts. sure afx fanboys jizz all over it, but WE jizz all over everything he makes.

saying that i don't think people's opinion on drukqs matters to richard. at all.

in what world is drukqs a masterpiece. this album is still getting a rather lukewarm reaction and is considered one of his weaker efforts. sure afx fanboys jizz all over it, but WE jizz all over everything he makes.

saying that i don't think people's opinion on drukqs matters to richard. at all.

yeah hence i put masterpiece with many commas, but i think it's a great album, & definitely found it v.inspiring at the time when i was younger when it came out as nothing else sounded like it at the time, & still alot of stuff doesn't come close to it although i rarely listen to it these days....

i remember reading this in 2002 with the artist keith tyson when he just won the turner prize, he was asked whats the best thing at the moment or something like that etc and it still kinda applies today ---

'Aphex Twin's album Drukqs came out on vinyl this year and it was the perfect soundtrack for my studio. I spend most of my time waiting for him and his pals to release new material. He is consistently inspiring - a creative crucible'.

although the last point is definitely arguable now

Archived