IGNORED

Fake Sign Languge Interpreter at Mandela Memorial

J3FF3R00

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flol, south african leslie nielsen

LOL!

And fucking lol at the whole situation. Mandela would have loved it. He was quite the joker. Also, he was quite old.

How fucking dare you!

He was particularly the joker.

Guest jasondonervan

Mandela memorial sign interpreter 'has schizophrenia'

"The sign language interpreter accused of using fake hand signals at Nelson Mandela's memorial has said he suffered a schizophrenic episode. Thamsanqa Jantjie, 34, told South African media he "started hearing voices" and began hallucinating. Deaf viewers at the memorial service said he was "signing rubbish", and complained he was a fraud."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25345262

I think it's a cover on his part but if the schizophrenia "defense" is true, it only multiples the danger: not only is a fraud within inches of world dignitaries, he's off the reservation as well. So lol.

Anyway, true deaf folks/sign experts say the closest he got to making sense was signing "running horse". Whether that was sheer chance or the one legit sign he knew remains unknown.

Sounds like a Sioux Warrior

$%28KGrHqJ,!oIFB%28Gcny%29GBQoW!SC!L!~~6

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I don't fully buy the schizophrenia story. I think he just got lost and carried on.

plus the schizophrenia angle kinda makes laughing at it harder, and before that it was a brilliant story

How can these sign guys get so riled up at M'bumbu interpreting it wrong?

Maybe he has discovered a new sign language, that is really capable of communicating the emotional trauma and pain the South African people have endured.

Maybe he has discovered a new sign language, that is really capable of communicating the emotional trauma and pain the South African people have endured.

that entire statement reminds me of this

(disclaimer: yeah yeah im a terrible person)

(ps also I like your avatar, wheres it from)

holylol

novelty account of 2013 hands down

I love the burial video. fantastical.

Also who really gives a fuck about the sign language interpreter. Mandela would have forgiven him.

A little more humour in the world would go a long way.

that entire statement reminds me of this

(disclaimer: yeah yeah im a terrible person)

(ps also I like your avatar, wheres it from)

holy lol, that was ridiculously sad and funny.

the avatar is a building from dune 2; the radar outpost.

Also who really gives a fuck about the sign language interpreter. Mandela would have forgiven him.

A little more humour in the world would go a long way.

People who rely on a sign interpreter to communicate, perhaps?

They were at a funeral, grieving the loss of a loved one, and instead of the respectful services they had to watch someone get up on stage and mock their language. Super insensitive and awful.

There are some great band names in there.

"Fog Donkey"

I just want to see an actual sign language interpreter translate his bullshit hand signs to see if they sound anything like his tweets.

Archived