IGNORED

Rich Kid suffers from "affluenza" gets away with killing 4 people in a DUI.

J3FF3R00

most if not all of our congress reps have affluenza so it must be contagious

Can anyone overrule this or is that it? The President or something? This is fucked, shouldn't happen and shouldn't be allowed to happen.

wait- you think this is fucked (which it is), but that the president having the authority to imprison anyone would be.. not.. fucked?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This judge should be disbarred.

Couch suffers from affluenza, according to his lawyers, a term which means that his wealthy parents pretty much let him get away with everything. The defense saved him from a 20-year sentence; State District Judge Jean Boyd bought it at his sentencing on Tuesday and gave Couch probation instead.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/12/the-affluenza-defense-judge-rules-rich-kids-rich-kid-ness-makes-him-not-liable-for-deadly-drunk-driving-accident/

:wtf:

le Grande perversions o' the rich. They're livin it up gangsta style this time.

Can I ask some questions.

1. Was he tried as a juvenile or an adult?

2. Do juveniles get jail time for a first offence?

3. How are sentencing 'recommendations' normally adjusted for the fact that it's a first offence and a juvenile?

Sorry if they're dumb, but I'm not American and while it's outrageous on one level, he's still a 16 year old kid.

It's hypocritical given that Texas is renowned for harsh sentences for juvenile crime, just not if you're rich and must've been well connected. Everything is bigger in texas, even the arseholes and corruption apparently.

Suddenly,them boyz in the hood know they could get away with anything, because they have affluenza as well. If you can carry a gun, you can have spontaneous affluenza, right?

O lawd

Lol

Ima gonna make some kinda of pill which could kinda possibly cure that for a short amount of time. It'll make you even sicker than you already are, but by the time you'll notice it's crap, you're already tied in because of addiction

Bling bling

I really don't see the issue here. As it says in the article the poor kid has had some really crappy parents that haven't been able to teach him proper morals and stuff. You should all feel sorry for the poor little thing and even his parents for having to go through this horrible media circus.

And then feed him and his entire family to zoo animals.

sometimes i think it it would be great if the public could somehow censure judges in cases where the sentencing just seems bizarre. some way of the people voting on it or something. maybe after enough censures they'd get booted out (with no pay). maybe in extreme cases a new sentence gets passed by some tribunal or something. i say i sometimes think that's a good idea because there'd clearly be huge problems with setting the system up like that. special interest groups (and the media) of all varieties could set up shop and make it their goal to get any judge they don't like removed by spreading propaganda to get enough votes.

but still it seems like one of those things that there should somehow be a way of doing it that wouldn't be totally susceptible to abuse, tho. it does seem messed up that some judges just blatantly pass inexplicable sentencing knowing nobody can touch them.

I'm gonna play Mega Millions tonight. So far it's pushing $600 Million. When I win that shit, I'm going on an affluenza bender to end all affluenza benders.

Archived