IGNORED

Rephlexions

gunnar

Do you like this compilation, and what are your favourite tracks?

I just bought the vinyl second hand, not having heard the album in many years. it's a solid collection, i didn't really give it much of a chance when it was released. mangle11 pretty much overshadowed the rest of the album for me at that time.

Just so many great tracks on it. This was my first introduction to Rephlex as a bought it when it came out in 2003 (I was 14...) so it's also nostalgic for me. I even remember carving the Rephlex logo unto a school wall because of it, the school where I now work :braindance: . Should check out if it's still there.

Anyway, so many good tracks on this one, it took me a few years to 'get' the second half with Slipper, Ensemble and Robert Normandeau etc. but was immediately in love with Mangle 11, Radiopropulsive, Avid Diva and the Astrobotnia track.

I really need to get this on vinyl too, as well as the Braindance comp. Thinking about it, they really should've done another compilation when they were celebrating 20 years...

• 5 weeks later...

I love this comp, encapsulates all the lesser known and acclaimed music that came out on the label. Heard it in 2007, around the time I started listening to IDM and underground music heavily, and found WATMM. My favorite tracks are the ones by Slipper and Gentle People, P.P. Roy, and that weird ass JP Buckle song. "Goodnight Toby" is one of those classic opening tracks:

Archived