IGNORED

Skrillex - Recess

Guest sonnyskare

lol Burial hate in a Skrillix thread. Never change WATMM.

WATMM

They're about on par with each other. Burial being marginally better but more gender confused. fyi imo byob ttyl

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's garbage. They all sound identical

Not really. I mean track-to-track it's got just as much diversity as most albums do. 6th note wubs on some, not on others, and the beat changes are fairly significant, especially on song 08.

it's garbage. They all sound identical

Not really. I mean track-to-track it's got just as much diversity as most albums do. 6th note wubs on some, not on others, and the beat changes are fairly significant, especially on song 08.

Can't tell if you're serious or not...?

The massive compression just makes every song sound the same, and it's the same shit he releases on every other album. Samples, a few more samples, some trance style build up then a couple of the same wubs

lather rinse repeat.

WATMM

They're about on par with each other. Burial being marginally better but more gender confused. fyi imo byob ttyl

Dont be afraid 2 step into the unknown. Theres a kid sumwhere.

imho

WATMM

imho

lol brb ttfn

Hmm, listening closer, the beats and vocal samples get annoying. It's all too similar in tempo, and the builds at the beginning and the end are similar, although the compression isn't as bad as Clark. Tracks 8 and 9 (Doompy Poompy and Fuck That) are different, and I actually like them quite a bit.

WATMM

imho

lol

Guest sonnyskare

my thoughts;

drums are too painful and a few songs are just annoying. I liked 6, 9, and 10. 5 is fun to listen to a couple of times but gets a bit annoying.

some other stuff

8 and 9 were the only tracks he did by himself.

Every single other one had another artist in it. I wonder if they all kind of asked him to do a similar approach and that's why they aren't as good. I'd say 8 and 9 were a lot different than the others.

first impressions:

mostly pretty typical dance tracks, good and heavy, hardly surprising

like that he's finally changing tempo abit

i thought he'd figure out some new presets by now

mostly better than his previous work

Tried listening to Coast is Clear with a five year old in the back seat.

Around fifty-five seconds in, the "Next track" button didn't work fast enough.

edit: I'm hearing more Trap than anything else, overall.

Is it just me, or does this LP lack the juvenile enthusiasm for sound his EPs have showcased?

Guest sonnyskare

Tried listening to Coast is Clear with a five year old in the back seat.

Around fifty-five seconds in, the "Next track" button didn't work fast enough.

I mean, it is marked explicit in the itunes store.

I think 4 of the tracks are explicit but most of them are fine. I thought it was a bit cheap that Try it Out and Doompy Poomp were repackaged in Recess, although Doompy Poomp was kind of an under the radar release. I like the vocals on recess and fire away. I actually really like Fuck That after listening to it a couple times.

wut? most of his output has been hot street trash but he's starting to lay down some tight beats and mature as a musician. i'm looking forward to see where he goes in the future. not to mention his production chops take a steamy shit all over the entirety of YLC's warpalikes.

Oh, I understand your post now.

I still think his music is absolute shit as in I would never listen to it considering there are tens of thousands of hours of music from better artists. I'd rather listen to Hard Normal Daddy on repeat then ever waste 4 mins listening to a skrillorx song.

But I get what you're saying.

Archived