55 members have voted

1. 1. 1

• Ejaculating into fire
    • Being abducted by aliens and not telling anyone
  2. 2. 2

• Caring a lot about your houseplants
    • Default MIDI presets
  3. 3. 3

• Mycorrhizae (massive underground fungal internets weighing in at about 1.5 tons per human)
    • Slime molds
  4. 4. 4

• Dreaming about being on the internet
    • Homeless people with 808s
  5. 5. 5

• The 30,000 year old virus that was thawed out and brought back from extinction by French scientists
    • Smoking a pipe in a space helmet
  6. 6. 6

• A giant skeleton in the desert under which several tribal societies have formed
    • Stoya riding a bike on the hills of Cappadocia
  7. 7. 7

• Robots reverting to agrarian society after human extinction
    • Windows 95
  8. 8. 8

• Digital synthesis
    • Bioluminescent lifeforms
  9. 9. 9

• Noticing that the CD you're playing, which sounds like a CD skipping, is skipping
    • Asking ae to name your left foot
  10. 10. 10

• Caves
    • Déjà vus about déjà vus
  11. 11. 11

• ***CONSCIOUSNESS***
    • Things that look green enough for some people to say "that's green" but that are actually not quite green
  12. 12. 12

• Nominating the same things for MOST IDM every year
    • Slowly rotating three-dimensional currency
  13. 13. 13

• Broken GIFs
    • Coiled-up ferns
  14. 14. 14

• Cordyceps (parasitic fungi that kill insects and grow out of their dead bodies)
    • Doors that swing both ways
  15. 15. 15

• Hating on things because they are mildly popular
    • Lunar maps
  16. 16. 16

• Outdated technology
    • Eighties noise-gated snare drums

I think if it were simply The Hills Of Cappadocia it would fare better. There are too many variables in that one. Who's Stoya? How IDM are bikes? (I did nominate "riding a bike", so for me that much is settled.) The hills themselves are undeniably IDM, but the rest requires some soul searching that not many are ready to commit to. Ejaculating into fire or Win 95 really cut to the chase. The voter knows what they're getting into there.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, if its about Leon taking care for house plants, fine. I can feel that. But take note that mister miyagi from karate kid took care of his house plants as well. Deffo not idm-o. So the general "taking care of house plants" should be changed to " Leon from Leon taking care of ... While a young Nat Portman watches intensly and on a bike".

Is that possible?

It isn't "Taking care of houseplants", it's "Caring a lot about your houseplants". It's not a topic about nurturing houseplants, it's a topic about strong emotions towards houseplants.

Can someone explain what so IDM about caring for house plants? Any stereotypical mom loves to take care of house plants. And moms who are also stereotypical are far from IDM. Stereountypical moms, perhaps. But anything stereotypical certainly not. One should even consider taking the house plants out of competition because of blasphemous attempts to un-idm the most sacred of sacralities: the watmm yearly mossst idm tournament.

End of

Taking care of houseplants well, you create a personal connection that goes both ways. You learn the plants, and the plants learn you. There've been studies that show that plants can even distinguish between different people-- the study was someone abusing the plants, and another being caring. The plant reacted negatively to the person who harmed the plant, entering the room. Plants in general are IDM, because they are highly intelligent and carry ancient knowledge. So when taking care of plants well, that is ultra IDM, because you are getting back to your ancient crystalline high consciousness roots; when plant and man were one. If your taken care of house plants are ganj, you then smoke them to make the ultimate consciousness connection-- the plant's consciousness ENTERS YOU AND YOU SHARE CONSCIOUSNESS SIMULTANEOUSLY. The plant gets to live through human consciousness-- you get to live through plant consciousness. It is the circle of life-- starting at seed, ending in what results of your activities from smoke-- and on and on...

And I can't believe ***CONSCIOUSNESS*** is losing at this point. To green ting? ***CONSCIOUSNESS*** was mine. Ejaculating into fire was indirectly mine, which is also losing. Well- I am happy to at least have made it this far, in my first ever, this event. After none of my selections win, I will still be meditating in levitation as a hologram projecting reality, so my IDM will prevail!!!

IDM4LIFE

Godspeed.

Bah, i should have voted for the rainbow parrot piss/shit post that i made that someone nominated. That was better than ejaculating into the fire any day of the week, well except for fire ejaculation into day (and that only occurs on a double leap year when it's a blue moon).

(I voted for nothing (no nothing was not a nominated thing (well maybe it was, i don't know, but i mean that i didn't vote and now i'm having a cry about it))

Ok, if its about Leon taking care for house plants, fine. I can feel that. But take note that mister miyagi from karate kid took care of his house plants as well. Deffo not idm-o. So the general "taking care of house plants" should be changed to " Leon from Leon taking care of ... While a young Nat Portman watches intensly and on a bike".

Is that possible?

It isn't "Taking care of houseplants", it's "Caring a lot about your houseplants". It's not a topic about nurturing houseplants, it's a topic about strong emotions towards houseplants.

I'll interpret it as Caring a lot for weed, the WATMM member.

*feels strong emotions*

Could this be nutting into fire's last stand?

no :( I'm a broken GIFs man but I don't want to see firecumming go

edit: seriously, fuck secret alien abduction, not IDM at all

Yeah I have no idea why alien abduction is doing so well. I nominated it as a joke, but I haven't actually voted for it. IMO, it's not very IDM.

I'll be pissed if it wins.

I have been participating in the discussions and nominating topics and stuff, but my bias doesn't really affect the tournament. In every case of there being a tie, I've removed my vote, so in essence my votes count for nothing.

Archived