IGNORED

Mad Max: Fury Road

Rubin Farr

There used to be a Games Workshop tabletop game called Gorkamorka.

It reminded me of that.

You run a gang of bikers / carts / whatever wheels you can design, and fight it out in a desert town scenario.

It also reminded me of Lynch's Dune in places.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone has claims on manufactured outrage, it would be the people over at fox.

But anyways, I'm looking forward to Theron kicking ass during an epic car chase of a movie.

"Eve Ensler, of Vagina Monologues fame, was brought in to consult on the film." LOL

Part 3 will be "Mad Maxipad: Vagina Road"

she very appropriately consulted with the actresses in the sex slave group.

We did extensive research with her. Eve herself has had a very intense life. She's spent time in the Congo working with rape victims and women who have had unthinkable things happen to them through the power of men's hands. We were able to pick her brain for a week. She told us the most tragic stories I've ever heard in my life, which gave us so much background to our characters. We really wanted to kind of showcase that. It was a privilege to have her around to make these characters something more then just five beautiful girls.

but...

"Eve Ensler, of Vagina Monologues fame, was brought in to consult on the film." LOL

certainly gets more clicks

That's the kind of joke someone who doesn't get to see vaginas would make.

why, cause if you hang around vaginas long enough you become a pussy yourself ?

This isn't a diSs, and i don't care, i realise from your other post that you're just chillin' in the thread and over the issue too, so we all good autopilla.

why, cause if you hang around vaginas long enough you become a pussy yourself ?

This isn't a diSs, and i don't care, i realise from your other post that you're just chillin' in the thread and over the issue too, so we all good autopilla.

Well.... it'd be hard to explain why those MRAs are such idiots when it comes to this film without really getting into spoilers of the plot, but...

In the movie, the wives & Furiosa escape to their destination of the matriarchal woman clan. When they find them, their population has been reduced to single digits because without men in their group they have been unable to create another generation. In addition to this, all the female characters in the film are very different archetypes, showing that there are a multitude of different personalities among the genders. Then most of them die gruesomely in the final action sequence. I'd hardly describe this as some "Fuck men, go grrls!" obnoxious third-wave feminism bullshit. It's just a very interesting story that is way less macho and homo-erotic than Road Warrior.

That Vagina Monologues author was brought in to consult the actresses playing female sex slaves, explaining what that's like for women in the world who live that life so that they could give more compelling performances. She had no say over the script or content of the film, and was only brought in because she was already in that region of the world at the time of filming.

Everyone complaining about the feminist overtones has not actually seen the film, and are basing their prejudices on a few obviously far-left reviewer personalities that are happy to champion it as a "profoundly feminist" film, simply because the women in it are capable, useful characters who don't want to be sex slaves (instead of previous female action heros like the kind Johansson and Jolie play, that while still "kick-ass", exist mainly to show off their ass and tits while unrealistically beating up hordes of faceless male soldiers with kung fu without breaking a nail).

...but hey, at least anyone going to the film will have a much clearer view of the screen without any fedoras in front of them.

i'll read your spoiler when i've watched the film which won't be for a few more months, I do think that that MRA thing was publicity stunt non issue beaten up for both marketing reasons and to further the concept that there's hoard of idiot males out there that subscribe to these ideas, when we all know that there is most certainly not.

I'm pretty sure whiney MRA types have opinions on most anything involving a woman being in a positive light... and I've certainly seen more articles about people complaining than the actual complaining itself.

11077446_10152916422316089_8557310628933

my first reaction was lol :facepalm

now only :faceplam

apparently, those are some of the last 60 Marshall Stacks left on Earth. The Grateful Dead and ZZ Top both toured with those monstrosities in the 70s.

i'll read your spoiler when i've watched the film which won't be for a few more months, I do think that that MRA thing was publicity stunt non issue beaten up for both marketing reasons and to further the concept that there's hoard of idiot males out there that subscribe to these ideas, when we all know that there is most certainly not.

delet - you're out of touch again:

http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2015/05/12/furious-about-furiosa-misogynists-are-losing-it-over-charlize-therons-starring-role-in-mad-max-fury-road/

or read the original MRA "fury" here: http://www.donotlink.com/framed?704311

delet - you're out of touch again:

I think you mean free from propagandised group think.

How many people in your life do you know that subscribe wholesale to these concepts. You can find a plethora of ideas on the internet and what is happening here is that what would be an ignored and infinitesimally small minority is having their voice amplified through social media, by ironically enough, the feminist groups and agenda politics driven blogs and media outlets, that state that they would hope to shut down this kind of thinking. Further, how many of those selected quotes that you might find outside of the vein of those campaign for men websites are in fact from a real class of villain, The Internet Troll. "Oh yes, down with this movie for being anti-men (/messages his friends, ho ho ho, go write something on their too bra, it's hilarious, people are going nuts up in thar.)" Or just people annoyed that it wasn't more about the guy character, ie: who cares if they bitch about that, it's not illustrative of some spike in feeling towards a monolithic patriarchy.

Also there needs to be a distinction between the minuscule minority that you are fearing and the genuine backlash against third wave feminism, a feminist movement which is itself BATSHIT CRAZY. Remember shirtgate, sadly many watmmrs succumbed to the neo-puritanical trolling of the third wavers in their initial knee jerk reactions to this issue, i felt like a lone voice in a storm when i posted the counter argument. Then there's the debunked gamergate, and the campaign to ban the word bossy (which was supported by some pretty high ranking elites) and so on and so forth over these last few years, a litany of incredulous profanity to the rational mind.

So we can see this 'controversy' as a fantasy and part of an ongoing effort to push the fiction that there is something fundamentally wrong between men and women (like those bogus college campus rape statistics that that rolling stone article was the bookend (thankfully) for). The worst thing about this crap is that it distracts most of all, women, from coming together with men on issues that effect us all, like declining incomes and economic prospects, toxins in our foods, the rise of the all pervasive security state, over population, a biosphere in decline, and the oligarchical never punished banking elite.

If you want to be up in arms about abhorrent behaviour towards women may i direct your ire to the situation in saudi arabia or pakistan or other such centres of excellence for the intolerance to women's basic rights. There are real things going on in the world outside of the echochamber of the mainstream media bloggosphere, really horrible things that are far better wasting our moralising over, rather than having our thoughts warped and manipulated against determining the true nature of the beast within our midst.

Sadly, I know far too many people IRL who subscribe to these ideas. All one has to do is spend time among young men to see their thoughts on treating women as objects. Go to a club, university meeting, or a bar and listen to groups of young men talk about women. I know, that would mean mingling with the commoners.

While I am in full agreement that there is an extremism to some feminist groups (the idea that all sex is rape is lulzy), it cannot be denied that there is a need for feminism. I'm not fearing anyone, so not quite sure what you're on about there. I'm simply illustrating that there are in fact actual people who think the place of women is below men.

And yes the situation in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Russia etc. regarding the treatment of women is completely FUBAR. Does that mean we cannot comment on our own society and voice our concerns regarding its ills?

oh you mean jocks, they aren't going away (in some ways elements of your personality tend in that direction i feel (sports, virile woman chaser, don't stand for no bullshit, heheh)) and they really have nothing to do with this controversy as i don't recall ever seeing jocks in a fedora and btw, they do seem to end up with the predominance of the pussy and will treat weaker males with equal contempt and physical disrespect, they are equal opportunity cunts. And that's something that won't go away and is more a symptom of the lower iQ end of humanity.

That said, there's less rapes now than there used to be and less physical assault of the man preying on man variety. So things have been getting better over time, not worse, it's not the end times for every lady. And yes, feminism is fine, but not if the point is to undo the equal rights, freedom to express your sexuality by getting your tits out female liberation of the sixties and replace it with the femnazi caliphate.

Not jocks, (and nice dig at me, ta very much) I'm talking about business school students performing rape chants (happened at my uni).

Why do you think there might be fewer rapes? Nothing to do with increased awareness of the situation that existed previously and a growing recognition that it's not ok to treat women like property?

I liked the practical stunts & the explosions.

I'm sure I'll like those - the trailers had me salivating.

I liked the part where delet hadn't come back yet and fucked up the thread.

Ah it's partly on me for posting that ish about mras being all pissed anyways.

Archived