IGNORED

Mad Max: Fury Road

Rubin Farr

And the 2 hours flew by.

The pauses were very important. Doesnt really spoil anything, but the scene where Furiosa is kneeling on the sand crying and there is the wide desert shot, just beautiful.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw it. Fucking insane. Totally ridiculous but if you are expecting that....it's great!

Just saw it with my family and I get the feeling they thought it lacked substance but if they knew more about what to expect, they may have enjoyed more.

I personally want to see it again. Too much going on.

thought this was easily one of the best action movies since the bleak dawn of the CGI Everything Era

also: finally, coherent, properly storyboarded and edited action sequences that make sense frame-by-frame. WHAT'S IT BEEN, A FUCKING DECADE?

You guys have sold me on this shit now.

I know there's mad hype on this right now but really, it was everything I'd hoped for. first time in recent memory that I've waited on a movie for years and not been let down in some way or other.

was okay. action was awesome as everyone's been saying. the "breathing" moments felt really out of place to me. thought the music was pretty bad. generic action ost didn't fit with the bizarro world the film built. huge lost potential there i feel.

It does. There is quite a bit of subtext involving gender politics and environmental issues if you care to look for it.

pretty hard to miss. c theron kicked ass tho.

If yer tryin to ball a chick, would you take her to see this?

Ball a chick...? If you're cool enough to sex women by shoving your erect ballsack into the vagina, I don't think you need films to help you out.

man, I hate youtube reviews. nothing on you, autopilot, but they just rub me the wrong way, regardless of whether it's a positive or negative review. I've got very little patience for reviewers/critics as it is.

anyway...

that crazy blind flamethrower-wielding guitar shit was all real. I thought the flames at least had to be CGI. but it's a person (Sydney-based musician Iota, actually), wearing a blindfold and tied by a bungee cord to a gigantic working Marshall stack on wheels, hammering out war riffs. amazon.

man, I hate youtube reviews. nothing on you, autopilot, but they just rub me the wrong way, regardless of whether it's a positive or negative review. I've got very little patience for reviewers/critics as it is.

anyway...

that crazy blind flamethrower-wielding guitar shit was all real. I thought the flames at least had to be CGI. but it's a person (Sydney-based musician Iota, actually), wearing a blindfold and tied by a bungee cord to a gigantic working Marshall stack on wheels, hammering out war riffs. amazon.

brilliant.

Ha! The guitar bits were fucking crazy. Proper chugging war riffs yeah.

Other than the action sequences (which is basically all the film is)...I'd have to agree that the 'breathing' moments were crap and boring.

But fuck it, there was a guy with a guitar/bass flamethrower.

Normally I'd agree that I don't give two shits about some Youtube personality talking about a thing someone else made, but I'm personally fond of Half In The Bag because of their sense of humor. (it's the same people responsible for those popular 90-minute critiques that destroy the Star Wars prequels) Also they themselves are filmmakers so they tend to really know what they're talking about.

But that's cool, you're under no obligation to press play, of course.

Saw it Fri night, best action film I've seen in a while, basically a solid 2h car chase, also fucking lol at guitar guy

So overall it was a fascinating fly-on-the-wall docu-drama about life in contemporary rural Queensland

anyway...

every time they showed that guy, I was jealous of that stack... being bungied in like that and hammering away some doomy war riffs would be fucking awesome.

one thing i noticed about the movie, haven't seen anybody else speculate this but does Fury Road take places potentially over 100 years after the fall? The elderly lady character towards the end points to a flashing light in the sky and says 'thats a satellite, they say people used to send messages all over the world with those'. In that one sentence it seems like Fury Road is supposed to take place a long time after Thunderdome, and I kinda like that

I'm so happy this movie exists. It was definitely FUN start to finish. The crazy sped up footage at times just added to the overall wackiness of it.

And despite all that wackiness I was still very invested in all the characters and felt the danger during the action sequences.

Masterpiece. 15/10

Also interesting how Hardy plays Max much differently than Gibson. OG Mad Max was stoic & hardened. Hardy's Max seems skittish and insane. Like, literally mad. This Max is certainly much more interesting and works better in the context of this film, as the old style has become an action hero cliche by now.

one thing i noticed about the movie, haven't seen anybody else speculate this but does Fury Road take places potentially over 100 years after the fall? The elderly lady character towards the end points to a flashing light in the sky and says 'thats a satellite, they say people used to send messages all over the world with those'. In that one sentence it seems like Fury Road is supposed to take place a long time after Thunderdome, and I kinda like that

It's weird, because each mad max movie seems to be set at least a few decades after the last mad max movie, notwithstanding max's own aging. i feel like if there were a grant morrison mad max comic, max would notice this and realize that he is some kind of audience stand-in for exploring a multi-generational timeline.

Archived