IGNORED

The Quinnspiracy Theory, Tropes vs. Women in Video Games & #gamergate

KovalainenFanBoy

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that journal obviously fucked up, but turning this fuckup into 'all postmodernism is bullshit' that sokal did is ridiculous.

the thing is if you can stand a page or two of sokal's bollocks it becomes clear that he doesn't know what postmodernism is. he just lumps all sorts of philosophers and social scientists together.

oh, and yeah, if you can't handle metaphors and logics such as lacan's mathemes or deleuze's talk of differential calculus, well, what can i say. "orthodox" logic isn't that clear cut anyway, you've got aristotelean logic but also paraconsistent, intuitionist and others, so a psychoanalist talking about how a != a isn't necessarily a charlatan.

Who is worse - pickup artist types/redpillers or dudes that put feminist blog posts on Facebook for several consecutive days? Both are cringeworthy but I think they are basically the same person at different stages of development.

i just biked in to say how dumb this whole thing is. if a black or asian guy had made a video about racism in video games would he have got death threats?

threatening to kill someone because they've pointed out that video games can be shit, insulting and two dimensional is a disgrace.

behaving in this kind of way just makes the point far more valid, having said that surely most of them are like 12 or something.

Redpillers at least seem genuine. Male feminists are just after retweets.

A what ?! And nope.

threatening to kill someone because they've pointed out that video games can be shit, insulting and two dimensional is a disgrace.

And aye.

So how has this been evolving? Been out the loop. Can I get an update?

It's gone from shit to shittier.

Who is the main poo monster.

Redpillers at least seem genuine. Male feminists are just after retweets.

A what ?! And nope.

Pls don't take that too seriously, I just have a thing about zero-effort hashtag activism in general.

Yeah Anita Sarkeesian and sending death threats==bad, childish.

But my god. Somebody on the internet posted something non-reactionary re: postmodernism. I had to read the thread twice to be sure. I think my brain is gonna explode now.

i just biked in to say how dumb this whole thing is. if a black or asian guy had made a video about racism in video games would he have got death threats?

Real talk: have you ever been to America? This isn't so far fetched.

Real talk: have you ever been to America? This isn't so far fetched.

I don't remember a big net shit storm about this guy http://www.nerdist.com/vepisode/ucb-presents-controller-freaks-racism-in-video-games/

I'm merely pointing out that the gamers trying to prove that gaming doesn't make you violent or misogynistic are behaving in violent and misogynistic manner therefore providing evidence to the contrary.

I see. All "gamers" are violent and misogynistic because of the reprehensible actions of a few people. I agree ;)

Archived