IGNORED

Faith No More To Release New Album After 18 Years

triachus

I thought it was complete shit. :shrug:

Do you like Faith no More?

I love We Care a Lot and Introduce Yourself, The Real Thing is good but I can't stand Mike Patton.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it explains some of it. But if the song writing is good enough I can see beyond his massive shining prickness, but it was all just a bit shit. I dunno, I wasn't expecting much but they surprised me.

Finally got to listen to this (as the NPR stream had beef with my territory).

Seemed real good to me on first play through. Happy days indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to listen to this (as the NPR stream had beef with my territory).

Seemed real good to me on first play through. Happy days indeed.

i just had my first listen 2, i liked it a lot 2

gonna buy it for sure

Faith No More is definitely an Ivan Ooze type of band. Impossible not to like.

Having said that I aint played it that much lately. I'm trying to spearhead my brain into te Aphex SC dump. It's a hard life!

Guest murphythecat8

I had a major faith no more phase when I was younger and listened to them all the time.

this album is pathetic for me.

I had a major faith no more phase when I was younger and listened to them all the time.

this album is pathetic for me.

if i would ever cut of my penis i would throw it at you

never heard of this, but had a laugh.

During a 1991 tour with Guns N' Roses, Faith No More fronter Mike Patton says he defecated into an orange juice carton belonging to Axl Rose. Writing in his book, Rock Star Babylon: Outrageous Rumors, Legends, and Raucous True Tales of Rock and Roll Icons, author Jon Holmes explains, "Patton "sh- in an orange juice carton, resealed it, and put it back in Axl Rose's personal drinks vending machine."
In a contemporaneous interview with Kerrang, Patton justified his behavior thusly.
"Ain't that rock'n'roll? I do hope rock stars are a dying breed. People love to lap them up — you know how something always tastes better if you swallow it quickly."
He didn't remark on Axl's reaction to the discovery, or whether he ever found out.

Gave this a spin yesterday, really liked it. I give it a (light) 7 out of 10 (so far). Some times maybe Mike P vocal acrobats need hemming in a little? It can seem a little OTT at times.

Still, for a comeback album, it's allright.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting that. I'm surprised at how much Mike Bordin's rhythm wavers around. They must have been going over 15bpm faster by the end of the song... it was making my heart race. Patton's vocals are stellar though. I really liked how they pulled off the "go go go" section.

After 10 or so listens, I think Sol Invictus is my favorite FNM album. It may be the most cinematic sounding hard rock album I've heard. From start to finish it unfolds like a really well sequenced movie. The arrangements are stunning. Also, you can turn the volume way down and still hear absolutely everything with total clarity. Not many albums are all that fun to listen to at a low volume, but in this case it's kind of interesting to do as an experiment since it's so well produced.

The comments seem to have been removed. Were they about the shoddy drumming? His rhythm really is all over the place in that performance, which is quite surprising for a band of that stature. Playing with a drummer like that would drive me batty. The performance is otherwise great.

It's all reasonably basic musicianship, from all the instrumentalists, but it comes together as something as they carefully and to the best of their ability do that something, it must be weird for patton to go from bungle or secret chiefs to this, heh, but they're having fun doing a sound that they own so whatever and he really gets to be the man in that soundspace. I've not got the album though, not intrested in that sort of thing.

The comments seem to have been removed. Were they about the shoddy drumming? His rhythm really is all over the place in that performance, which is quite surprising for a band of that stature. Playing with a drummer like that would drive me batty. The performance is otherwise great.

Funnily enough, nobody mentioned anything about the drumming. It was either "wow these guys suck live" or "the new album is worse than AIDS".

Apart from the floaty bpm, I thought the whole performance was on point, particularly the vocals.

Archived