IGNORED

Guidewire tracks

guidewire

Some modular noodles 

More like deluxe lo mein. Just listened to XMAS delay. Excellent! Very moving, and you got a great ear for dissonance. Looking forward to checking out the other tracks on this thread. 

Modular Lo Mein is my new side project ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Like a really dark sinister 1980s film soundtrack. Really cool. The build up is very natural and the way you used percussion is really interesting, like every now and then there is something that sounds a bit like a cymbal or some white noise with reverb on it.

Like a really dark sinister 1980s film soundtrack. Really cool. The build up is very natural and the way you used percussion is really interesting, like every now and then there is something that sounds a bit like a cymbal or some white noise with reverb on it.

I hear that soundtrack.  I should make a creepy video for it ;-) I feel like I stripped down version would be interesting to really push that soundtrack vibe.  Also I enjoy those white noise cymbals.

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to not over post with my little weekly experiment.  Here are the last few tracks I've posted.  Curious what people think about a regular posting your work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not shit, but the start is a bit too repetitive, then when the pad comes in at 0:24 the jump in how many notes the bass plays is too much, IMHO. A more gentle buildup would've less jarring.

But the sounds are good and I like what I think you're trying to do here. It just sounds unfinished, is all.

Love the harmonic progressions in this, there's a sense of spy-movie intrigue and lurking danger. However at times it's like there are two different basslines (the smooth one and the fuzzy one) fighting for space in the lower-mid sound spectrum. The hi-hat pattern is a welcome introduction at 3:36 but it goes away - I felt like that tied it all all together finally.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Peers - Very lush and filmic, I'm imagining a long period of time passing in a heavy blizzard. 

Gitty Up - I like the variations but it is essentially one bassline,  I think it could do with a B and C part, then when you bring the menacing bassline back in it hits harder. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 9:35 PM, guidewire said:

Would love some extra feedback on this one.  I've got a little feedback that people enjoy the bassline, but there is something about the twinkly synth that isn't working.

Personally I would say to opposite. The bassline, especially with the delay, sounds harmonically awkward to me. I think the chord stabs need a little more articulation and less reverb. Twinkly synth is cool, as is the delicate little kick drum attack. I'd like to hear it without the bass. Great title!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...