IGNORED

2562 - The New Today

BobDobalina

I got really excited when I saw this pop up on watmm (first I heard of it) not really digging this sample though. 2562 without any skip or shuffle. I reserve judgement till I hear more. 2562 is one of my favorite electronic acts though, he rarely disappoints.

It sounds more like his A Made up Sound alias than 2562 to me.

Soooo stoked. Was just thinking how it's been awhile since Air Jordan. Sample sounds good, although I do hope it's one of the more relaxed songs on the LP. Unbalance is one of my all time favorites; check out Air Jordan too!

• 3 weeks later...

bleep has all the tracks available for preview.

https://bleep.com/release/55079-2562-the-new-today

Thanks for the heads up. Previews aren't really grabbing me, but I think I've learnt my lesson by not grabbing 2562 vinyl before it sells out. Will probably order Faith In Strangers, Koch, and this from Boomkat tonight.

Would still love to hear peoples' opinions on this though! Feel like this thread should be a lot longer considering how good he is.. :shrug:

bleep has all the tracks available for preview.

https://bleep.com/release/55079-2562-the-new-today

first 2562 to not grab me on first listen at all, I think it has something to do with the straight (non swung) style of the rhythms. Sounds more like A Made up Sound release to me, but less experimental.

the beats are just really... uncatchy? sounds like someone just filling every 16th note with a drum sound through lots of delay. Kind of like a really professionally done non amateurish Cut Hands or something, but ultimately not as intriguing.

probably the first 2562 album I will not be purchasing

a step in the wrong direction. It's not badly produced, the production in and of itself is top tier but the style just isn't grabbing me, sounds far too straightforward and predictable compared to every other 2562 record he's put out.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this album sounds a bit like a lot of things at first then really gets going. It has a warm quality to the production. If you can listen to it as an isolated event within his catalogue you will probably enjoy it more, I did.

8/10 right now

This album definitely creeps up on ya like a motherfucker. It's still distinctly 2562 but with this hypnotic seefeely vibe to it; time will tell whether it resonates the way Fever and Unbalance did (at least for me) but for now it's pushing all the right buttons.

Weird how little hype this got in its run-up, seriously don't let the factmag link in the OP fool you I honestly learned of this album through amazon.

Archived