IGNORED

A Very WATMM Christmas, 2014

Root5

So let's do another Christmas album!

The previous Christmas albums can be found here, here, and here.

The rules are simple:

1. Remix/cover a Christmas song, or write an original Christmas song.

2. Email the song in lossless format (wav, aif, flac) to cytoplantastic [at] gmail [dot] com.

The deadline is is DECEMBER 7TH!

You can name your track anything you like, but keep in mind that a lot of previous tracks are puns based on the Christmas song's original title (for example: "Silent Nyeet" or "Dockin' around the Christmas Tree") or just the original name with a remix name tagged on the end (for example: "White Christmas (Dream'n'Doowop Mix) and "River (Melted Holly Mix)".

Also, a lot of the previous tracks are light-hearted and silly, so this is a great opportunity to do something quick and fun. Of course some of the previous tracks are technical masterpieces, so you can do that too :P.

I also ask that you avoid remixing "The Little Drummer Boy" and "Sleigh Ride", because we have loads of those already. But if you really want to, go for it.

Last year I made a list of Christmas songs that had not yet been done, but I think WATMMers generally resent being told what to do, so I'll only do that this year if someone wants it.

And as with other years, I'll publish every track sent to me. No judges. And the album will be under a creative commons attribution license.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHATMM's doing a second Halloween album at the moment, as far as I know. Maybe I should switch to Halloween next year, and CHATMM can do Christmas...

The tracks will be mastered. I'll talk to Zephyr about it. If he's too busy, I'll do it, and try to match the levels of the previous Christmas albums. So far they're all the same level, so you can make a giant playlist and put it on shuffle.

Some inspiration from last year:

https://cytoplantastic.bandcamp.com/track/all-i-want-for-christmas-no-presents-mix

Can you give a list of songs that have not been done? Or just a list of christmas songs to get some inspiration?

Great idea Hanratty!

Here's some Christmas songs that have not yet been remixed:

The twelve days of Christmas

Santa baby

Must be santa

Good king Wenceslas

Angels we have heard on high

Jingle bell rock

Ding dong merrily on high

Noel

Silver and Gold

Silver bells

We three kings of orient are

Winter wonderland

Any part of the nutcracker other than the dance of the sugar plum fairies

If you can think of more, awesome!

Here are some that have only been remixed once, and should be considered fair game:

Coventry carol

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

O come all ye faithful

O come, o come emmanuel

Frosty the snowman

Hark! the herald angels sing

The snow angel

Jingle bells

Greensleeves

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer

Dance of the sugarplum fairies

Just a lonely Christmas

Let is snow

Silent night

Auld lang syne

My favourite things

God rest ye merry, gentlemen

Away in a manger

Rockin' around the Christmas tree

River

Guest Hanratty

Unless this has been done already, I'm going to break out the sample cds, dust off the Platinum Breakz and Omni Trio albums, and make "Jungle Bells".

Unless this has been done already, I'm going to break out the sample cds, dust off the Platinum Breakz and Omni Trio albums, and make "Jungle Bells".

Not done before. Awesome idea!

Does anyone have the guts to try remixing XMAS_EVET10?

It's gonna be really tight for me to get all the tracks I am working on done on time! Provided I actually complete my tracks I am interested in doing Ave Maria and a dadaist version of Gloria In Excelsis Deo.

I will personally send you a package of energy drinks and helium.

I'm going to break out the sample cds, dust off the Platinum Breakz and Omni Trio albums, and make "Jungle Bells".

yes please.

I am interested in doing Ave Maria..

looking forward to this.

Archived