IGNORED

Good Soundclouds (used to be possible RDJ soundclogs)

Jaspmf

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to tell what's going on with that account-

there's wavs, mp3s with different names in the tags

slagplum rubick sounds vaguely like Vibert/Plug and the mp3 is labelled itsametheplug.mp3

the track 5 leesa maar comes up as nora1 by mis-bit once it's downloaded, and mis-bit's soundcloud has been reposting most of these tracks

plus, this guy Ogie leaves this comment on the 25hr mad@nn@ track- " u r 2 μis-bits ;) "

what is with this comment that he posted on a bunch of afx tunes?

"That's funny. I too have a similar setup and I submitted a track on that Bleep competition but I didn't get any notice. I even sent it to that Future Music Magazine in the mid 90s and they never reviewed it"

Screen_Shot_2015_02_27_at_6_24_00_PM.png

The timing seems way too coincidental-

did anyone else get the playlist notification for 0000008673?

It could just be someone else who lives in the UK with not much to do.

I fell for that as a tell when Richrud was uploading, it's not a worthwhile indicator really.

While the RDJ SC was uploading the asthmacid acct was in perfect sync and I took that as partial proof, turned out to just be that wonderful pattern recognition we all have hard-coded in our brains.

Basically like 100k or a billion people are uploading within a timeframe that SEEMS like it fits with any given other user on any given day.

I was pissing myself while my beloved find was uploading in perfect sync. It was only after the dust settled that it was obviously coincidence.

Pretty funny how quick some people on here are to dismiss the unconfirmed SC accounts, apparently without giving them much consideration.

I'm not convinced or bothered either way and the truth may remain a mystery but there's some seriously awesome music amid these unknown accounts so I'm glad they're being linked with AFX as I wouldn't have heard them otherwise. Guess that's what matter's most.

That one's already been answered

im pretty sure the florian hertz account is fake as hell. (as in not even real.)

p.s. i'm not trying to start any trouble, since the rules say its not ok to betray the privacy of super famous (or in some cases infamous) musicians on watmm.
I try to anticipate the burden of the mods, as there could be awkwardness, stalkers, spams, disruptive behaviour, too much at stake really.

i decided to just enjoy the music of florian hertz no matter who made it. but by all means don't take my word for it. I did notice that there's a lot of reverb being used as a send effect which is eerily similar to a certain IDM superstar's staple technique. Also some stutter effects and even short delays with a lot of feedback that causes some of my hair to bristle.

10-01-maria-winking.gif

Notice yesterday user 0000008673 was spamming this comment:

@confreg: That's funny. I too have a similar setup and I submitted a track on that Bleep competition but I didn't get any notice. I even sent it to that Future Music Magazine in the mid 90s and they never reviewed it

And then today user user48736353001 uploads what?

Luke Vibert spiral staircase [future music competition] [afx remix]

fairly new here, usu only got time to lurk a bit, but this insane week has been bringin us out of the woodwork!

anyone catch this?

https://soundcloud.com/brainwaltzera

above user commented on slow early morning clissold:

"That's funny. I too have a similar setup and I submitted a track on that Bleep competition but I didn't get any notice. I even sent it to that Future Music Magazine in the mid 90s and they never reviewed it"

RDJ responded:

"I presume you think this is bad? Maybe it's a good thing! What we want and what we need are usually 2 quite different things"

tracks on there are tagged #afx. pretty proper shit too. what u all fink???

what is with this comment that he posted on a bunch of afx tunes?

That one's already been answered

I fell for that as a tell when Richrud was uploading, it's not a worthwhile indicator really.

While the RDJ SC was uploading the asthmacid acct was in perfect sync and I took that as partial proof, turned out to just be that wonderful pattern recognition we all have hard-coded in our brains.

Basically like 100k or a billion people are uploading within a timeframe that SEEMS like it fits with any given other user on any given day.

I was pissing myself while my beloved find was uploading in perfect sync. It was only after the dust settled that it was obviously coincidence.

Yes I do agree it could be coincidental -

In this case its not really about them uploading tracks during the same rough period-

There had been no activity on brainwaltzera for 2 days

There had been no activity on µ-ZIQ for about 19 hours

then brainwaltzera share a playlist 10 minutes before u-Ziq starts another large batch of uploads?

It wasn't during the postings, it happened first, out of the blue, after 2 days of nothing

Still could be coincidence, but the timing is pretty extreme, considering the account was already suspicious

haha nah i don't think brainwaltzera is grant

Didn't necessarily mean he was responsible for the tracks...rather curating them....since he's not busy running rephlex any more, must have some time on his hands...

Guest tonfarben

Don´t know if it was said before but Richard postet as a profile description on his "user"-Account this:

this is my only sc account btw, apart from the aphextwin one.

while mike put on his account this info:

but what about this one?

They are playing with us and I like it!

Archived