zlemflolia

So far we know of these for Analogue Bubblebath 6:

2 dual acid ab6

3 follow alias ab6

4 how to science ab6

5 how to science 2 ab6

7 clapstab ab6

8 world waver ab6

Would really love to know if there are any other missing pieces anyone else knows of. These are all by far among my favorite tracks in the soundcloud dump, they are all so amazing. Are any Unreleased DAT tracks ab6 (confirmed or otherwise) as well?

(richard pls ab6)

Damnit I kept spelling it Bubbleback then "fixed" to Buttlebath

Too late to edit. Can you edit as you're a modulator

wow i misspelled it every time

Oh and thanks for the info forgot that one

How do we know there isn't a 9+?

Damnit I kept spelling it Bubbleback then "fixed" to Buttlebath

Too late to edit. Can you edit as you're a modulator

wow i misspelled it every time

Oh and thanks for the info forgot that one

How do we know there isn't a 9+?

We don't, only reference is that it was pressed up on a 12" (= assumption) as a test pressing - so it can't be a lot more than those 8 tracks (if any)

I've settled for throatie as track 1 for now, just so there's no missing track. Would have been fine if it was just 7 tracks in total but this is a nice intro as well.

The Ab6 tracks are one of the most intriguing parts of the soundcloud dump for me. Last month, I would have been highly skeptical of it's existence, because Ab5 was canned, and there were no other entries in the series. I assumed AFX had become more focused on the drill stuff around that time.

We can assume it was gonna be released on Rephlex. It must have been produced while Ab5 was still in limbo, so probably latter half of '95.

I really wonder how far it got into production..one watmmer (can't remember sorry) says a friend has seen a test pressing. It seems quite weird that a test pressing would be done if Ab5 wasn't released but who knows how they operate...

The sound is another anomaly in the catalog... vaguely similar to Ab4-5 in the way it is less commercial and heavier sounding than the Warp stuff.. it reminds me a lot like Cylob's Latest Effort and Loops & Breaks... heavy modulated beats, with no real bass or lead lines, but the melody is provided by the interplay between the effects and modulation on the percussion. Kind of the same way Autechre work sometimes.

As for the missing track 1 (if it isn't just Rich dicking with us and there is no track 1) we can assume that it will sound consistent with all the other tracks. IMO the best candidates are maybe the (mortal) trax, 'Phuqed Up' and 'Phlangebeat' . However AFX usually likes to start the ABbs with a really catchy tune or a banger, these tracks are a bit more subtle and transitory. Maybe it's Joyrex Tape track 11? Maybe it is 'Hapshifter' again (remember Ab4 and 5 shared a track!).. Maybe it's something totally unexpected from the same era like P-String or something we havent heard at all. With or without track1 its a fantastic little group.

Do we know it's meant to be a real release? Would be a great troll move to pick a few arbitrary tracks and assign them numbers just to confuse / piss off fans...

Having said that they do work together and sound similar to some of the AB3 trax

rich pls dump a number 1 on us

The Ab6 tracks are one of the most intriguing parts of the soundcloud dump for me. Last month, I would have been highly skeptical of it's existence, because Ab5 was canned, and there were no other entries in the series. I assumed AFX had become more focused on the drill stuff around that time.

We can assume it was gonna be released on Rephlex. It must have been produced while Ab5 was still in limbo, so probably latter half of '95.

I really wonder how far it got into production..one watmmer (can't remember sorry) says a friend has seen a test pressing. It seems quite weird that a test pressing would be done if Ab5 wasn't released but who knows how they operate...

The sound is another anomaly in the catalog... vaguely similar to Ab4-5 in the way it is less commercial and heavier sounding than the Warp stuff.. it reminds me a lot like Cylob's Latest Effort and Loops & Breaks... heavy modulated beats, with no real bass or lead lines, but the melody is provided by the interplay between the effects and modulation on the percussion. Kind of the same way Autechre work sometimes.

As for the missing track 1 (if it isn't just Rich dicking with us and there is no track 1) we can assume that it will sound consistent with all the other tracks. IMO the best candidates are maybe the (mortal) trax, 'Phuqed Up' and 'Phlangebeat' . However AFX usually likes to start the ABbs with a really catchy tune or a banger, these tracks are a bit more subtle and transitory. Maybe it's Joyrex Tape track 11? Maybe it is 'Hapshifter' again (remember Ab4 and 5 shared a track!).. Maybe it's something totally unexpected from the same era like P-String or something we havent heard at all. With or without track1 its a fantastic little group.

Whenever I read AFX speculations now, i turn on "Th1 [slo]" and it makes the whole experience over-poweringly intellectual-spooky like looking at the formation of the universe or something human minds can not conceive of.

Maybe I should give it new listens but the ab6 tracks are probably the ones I like the less in the dump :shrug: (except 3 hollow alias)

Too "industrial" for my tastes I guess.

• 8 months later...

Sorry to bump.

I assume that any remaining AB6 tracks are located somewhere in "The Joyrex Tape". Other than a few odds and ends it's made up of Ventolin outtakes and AB6 tracks.

Sorry to bump.

I assume that any remaining AB6 tracks are located somewhere in "The Joyrex Tape". Other than a few odds and ends it's made up of Ventolin outtakes and AB6 tracks.

If they were probably tagged with AB6 when he uploaded them. This is what he uploaded:

Fresher + Cleaner (faster version of track #1)
How To Science 2 Ab6 (track #2)
Step Up To Cornwall (track #3)
Clabstap AB6 (faster version of track #4)
World Waver AB6 (faster version of track #5)
gear smudge (faster version of track #6)
Mortal 08 (faster version of track #7 as well as a few additions)
Phlangebeat (faster version of track #8)
Phuqed Up (faster version of track #9)
rogphlange 1[braiNfLOSS2] (track #13)
DroneBReak (complete and slower version of #14)
Bold = also on AB6. AB6 is:
1 ?
2 dual acid ab6
3 hollow alias ab6
4 how to science ab6
5 how to science 2 ab6
6 step up to cornwall
7 clapstab ab6
8 world waver ab6
(more?)
The only ones missing are 10, 11 and 12:
- Track 10 was mentioned by Aphex saying it was just an amen workout and that he had a finished version somewhere
- Track 11 is a collab between Cylob and AFX and AFX wants permission from Cylob first before he was going to upload that one, but they aren't on speaking terms.
- ..Which leaves us with track 12, which is the only one not talked about and the most Melodies From Mars sounding track of all of the Joyrex tape... :)

- Track 11 is a collab between Cylob and AFX and AFX wants permission from Cylob first before he was going to upload that one, but they aren't on speaking terms.

How come?

How come?

Don't think that's any of our business, that's just what AFX said on his soundcloud when someone asked about that track :)

Archived