IGNORED

Bartkira

lala

Yeah this has been going on for a while, while I don't really care for parodies (this included, I declined take part) some of the art drawn for this is insane. Apparently with 'approval' from Groening and Otomo!

Overseen by a great artist in his own right, James Harvey.

The "please don't sue us" at the end is pretty funny. Since it's a parody, they probably wouldn't even need approval.

Looks bloody ace - I hope that fake-VHS with OTT chromatic aberration is just for the trailer though, seems to spoil it a little: It's fine to have it, just that it's done rather crudely

They haven't even finished the manga have they

i was wondering what you were going on about, the pictures wouldnt load, and didnt know there was a bartkira manga. that looks great

Hey, grumpy old fart checking in. Why anyone would spend so much time, money and effort on such a silly throwaway concept is beyond me. It irks me.

Kids these days!

*hides spikes in lawn*

Guest bitroast

wow. never really appreciated the manga mock ups or parodies but that trailer, in full simpsons aesthetic looks soo good. lol.

Hey, grumpy old fart checking in. Why anyone would spend so much time, money and effort on such a silly throwaway concept is beyond me. It irks me.

Kids these days!

*hides spikes in lawn*

I'm with you on this. The pop culture mashups are pretty low hanging fruit.

my brother suggested that 20th Century Fox, if this thing explodes, may decide that it's a good idea to launch a simpsons universe. Kind of like the muppets or disney did with it's characters, and do projects that take on fairy tales or whatever. I know that within individual episodes that they have done this (and probably in the comics at some point), but only in a limited manner.Seems like the next step for a tired franchise, reinvigorate the brand. So like bart's adventures, kind of like a indiana jones,Scrooge Mcduck type thing, maybe burns could be funding it,orkeep him out of it. And so on and so forth. It's probably been suggested before,but they were frightened that it would water down the franchise, but at this point really i'm wondering why they haven't launched head first into this obvious money spinner. Maybe the actual program wouldn't have lasted as long if they'd done this earlier, or maybe not.whatever sif i care.

I don't think anything could water down the franchise more than it already is. The Simpsons has been an undead corpse for at least 15 years. Maybe Sheerer leaving will trigger the end sequence soon.

One thing I always wondered was why they never did more two-part storylines like 'Who Shot Mr. Burns?', or even had some cool long-running storylines. Seems like they really could have branched out in that direction, but never fancied it. Odd.

Archived