IGNORED

WTF happend to the internet.

Psychotronic

Web 2.0 started as a plattform where everybody DIYed or help others to DIY. Today it has changed to a mass media clickbait jungle. Can we please ban consumers and mass media from the internet. Can we please ban advertizers and trackers from the internet. Can please start a second DIY offensive.

kthxban.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the first time i saw the web 2.0 thing was in the late 90's in a shitty newspaper and there was a clipart-like picture of a rocket with "INTERNET 2.0" painted on it and back then i thought it was some new standard, like improved telephone lines or whatever. how wrong i was

Banning stuff never worked out so well. My advice: get adblock and put everyone on your social media who share clickbait nonsense on permanent ignore. And don't click clickbait sites.

Banning stuff never worked out so well. My advice: get adblock and put everyone on your social media who share clickbait nonsense on permanent ignore. And don't click clickbait sites.

Good point. This also works quite well:

http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/

But i'm asking myself the question: Ok, banning does not work, then how to create an abyss where they cant follow us into.

Guest Enter a new display name

Clickbait is the worst thing to have happened to the internet. You know it has changed for the worse when you see aunts/uncles/parents (even friends the same age) flood your Facebook news feed with stupid clickbait links. People can't even tell the difference between legit and suspicious websites.

My mother-in-law must be the worst case I have seen. She posts links on her Facebook page about missing kids from a very far location (which already has no impact whatsoever), and if you check the original page she shared, the kid has been found a long time ago. She even recently shared a link to get the chance to spend a week in a cottage house for free (if you shared the link of course), and the winner will be announced in June 2014. :facepalm:

And let's not forget comments on any website ever. Hatred, racism, immaturity, insults, spelling errors, you name it. Comments rarely bring anything constructive with internet users these days (except for WATMM).

Clickbait is the worst thing to have happened to the internet. You know it has changed for the worse when you see aunts/uncles/parents (even friends the same age) flood your Facebook news feed with stupid clickbait links. People can't even tell the difference between legit and suspicious websites.

My mother-in-law must be the worst case I have seen. She posts links on her Facebook page about missing kids from a very far location (which already has no impact whatsoever), and if you check the original page she shared, the kid has been found a long time ago. She even recently shared a link to get the chance to spend a week in a cottage house for free (if you shared the link of course), and the winner will be announced in June 2014. :facepalm:

And let's not forget comments on any website ever. Hatred, racism, immaturity, insults, spelling errors, you name it. Comments rarely bring anything constructive with internet users these days (except for WATMM).

What is needed to make you leave these areas of the internet forever and just stick with the few cool places left? :catrecline:

I hate being able to access endless resources that collectively contain almost all human knowledge. Especially when I can do it on a phone that fits in my pocket and goes everywhere.

Fuck the internet. Let's just replace it with papyrus scrolls like the good old days.

only thing that bothers me is facebook/internet culture/cat jokes BIG BOLD LETTERS etc. and I just avoid those things

edit: whatever they're called. image macros

I hate being able to access endless resources that collectively contain almost all human knowledge. Especially when I can do it on a phone that fits in my pocket and goes everywhere.

Fuck the internet. Let's just replace it with papyrus scrolls like the good old days.

Papyrus scrolls? Papyrus scrolls? When I was a lad we had to climb the mountain to consult the oracle for knowledge. Otherwise we just staggered round in circles.

good thing ClickHole provides some solace

http://www.clickhole.com/

just share all their articles on fb, see who buys it

and vids: https://www.youtube.com/user/ClickHole

and facebook share photos: https://www.facebook.com/clickhole/photos_stream

11010587_1611999339040326_29356183071435

Guest bitroast

yeah i'm kinda bored of it as well, when is web 3.0 coming out?

society has become too cynical to dig itself out of this rut it has dug itself into. web 2.0 4 life, m afraid.

Archived