IGNORED

Validity of the dead brother story

Earth

I'm kinda doubting all of this ; I was listening to the mp3 interviews from the sticky and in one of the interviews he talks about him and one of his mates called themselves the aphex twins.

Is there any solid proof (other than the gravestone image I guess)?

re: his brother - I dont think he would make up something like that. Its too serious, too close to his family, and too easily disproved if wrong. And the gravestone is pretty good proof, really.

But you are assuming that the name 'Aphex Twin' has something to do with his dead brother - I don't think its that simple. Its just a name he chose, its not necessarily linked to his brother (they werent twins, for a start). There are some resonances, but he might have chosen the moniker Aphex Twin for all kinds of random reasons....

Guest endangered betche
There are some resonances, but he might have chosen the moniker Aphex Twin for all kinds of random reasons....

I though it had to do with Tom Middleton (first release may have been with him?).

I might be wrong.

There are some resonances, but he might have chosen the moniker Aphex Twin for all kinds of random reasons....

I though it had to do with Tom Middleton (first release may have been with him?).

I might be wrong.

you are right

tears in his eyes though? i've read interviews and heard interviews after rdj album was released and rich said he just made up the whole dead brother story for a laugh

it could be true though, who knows, maybe his sick of talking about it still and the subject makes him uncomfortable?

i'm guessing it is a lie though because yeah, the twin part of the name was because of tom

i'm calling his bluff

Yeah, the Middleton story is, I'm assuming, what he was referring to when he said 'yeah the twin part is from me and mate who used to work together but split up later due to differences in opinion'. He's also said it's because of the brother.

Yeah, the Middleton story is, I'm assuming, what he was referring to when he said 'yeah the twin part is from me and mate who used to work together but split up later due to differences in opinion'. He's also said it's because of the brother.

LOL - "differences of opinion" - Rich shagged Tom's bird (named SamanTHA), hence the split.

wasn't it because they were both he & tom were born on the exact same day?

Yes, they were born on the same day, so that might be where the "twin" came from.

Archived