IGNORED

Cygnus San Francisco Soundboard also AMAA

cygnus

https://cygnusat.bandcamp.com/album/live-the-mezzanine

55:55mins recording

5 recordings were attempted over the course of 3 weeks, technical difficulties allowed one to survive. And it's a good one! Enjoy!

ill be hanging around for a few hours so have a listen and AMAA

thanks to all who came out - was fun meeting you guys!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's it like to tour with the booth and the brown?

loads of fun

rob hall too, jamie,mark,nikhil. all terrific and hilarious guys

sean is easily the funniest person i've ever hung out with

First off, I'd like to say HOLY SHIT if I had known your live set was this good in advance, I'd have gone to see you, Ae or no Ae, but there was no date in Michigan :(. Second, is this really just Analog Four, RYTM, and Blofeld, no computer?

First off, I'd like to say HOLY SHIT if I had known your live set was this good in advance, I'd have gone to see you, Ae or no Ae, but there was no date in Michigan :(. Second, is this really just Analog Four, RYTM, and Blofeld, no computer?

thank you !

yeah no computers just the rig

elektrons stuff is good man. really good. while i was on tour they had me do a workshop/panel talk thing

<--- u can watch it here, its hilarious

free download code to anyone who can tell me what my shirt is in that vid

How do you take your coffee?

im too sensitive to stimulants man

cant do it . coffee will absolutely fukk me up

Interesting.

This is not a question, but I really dig the track @20:32. Thought the way you handled it at the Austin show was outstanding.

Also, when is the next time you're playing in Dallas?

thank you !

elektrons stuff is good man. really good. while i was on tour they had me do a workshop/panel talk thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDLXLoDdhw<--- u can watch it here, its hilarious

Awesome! Is that a Legofeet shirt?

Nothing else could happen in the music world in 2015 and I'd be proper happy with how it went.

Thanks again for the wicked show in Vancouver, and for this soundboard, awesome stuff.

I've got no questions really but thanks for everything. Keep doing your thing, can't wait to see your next live show that I can make it to!

There's a big difference in your live show vs. your recorded tunes (at least the ones I've heard). Is that going to continue or do you see yourself expanding the style of albums/etc. to incorporate more of what you displayed live? Or perhaps are you taking new tracks in a totally separate direction?

What's your Halloween costume going to be?

What's up Cygnus? Thanks for awesome performances in both Boston and NH, also thank you for offering to take my pic with Ae in NH

How did you enjoy the tour overall? Any funny tour stories you feel like sharing?

have you ever ayy lmao'd anyone irl because you legit look like an alien in some pics. I don't mean that in a bad way, you just look like a big, friendly, furryheaded alien sometimes.

ok i accidentally hit refresh and fucked the whole multireply thing up so lets try it once more

How do you take your coffee?

im too sensitive to stimulants man

cant do it . coffee will absolutely fukk me up

Interesting.

This is not a question, but I really dig the track @20:32. Thought the way you handled it at the Austin show was outstanding.

Also, when is the next time you're playing in Dallas?

i'll be playing at Redlight on the 14th in Dallas

thank u for coming to the show man :)

ill be in houston on the 28th, but that show's TBA - add my music page on fb and you'll get updates on shows/events

t-shirt with a hoodie overtop

lol

love your stuff man, big fan. i hope you play in NH again soon, i unfortunately missed the show.

also which show did you like playing the most? if you can pick one.

thanks man!

in the following categories

most fun overall night: montreal

best sound system: miami

best audience: 3-way tie between Austin, Montreal & Atlanta

coolest venue: Vancouver

thank you !
elektrons stuff is good man. really good. while i was on tour they had me do a workshop/panel talk thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDLXLoDdhw<--- u can watch it here, its hilarious

Awesome! Is that a Legofeet shirt?

getting warmer

how long have you been making music and what made you start?

ive been making songs longer than my brain will let me think back to

my dad had me on cakewalk for DOS . i would just be remaking songs i heard on the radio, messing around really

it looked like this -- interface was so fucking sick

Cakewalk_5_DOS_fair_use.png

SO sick

i started performing live and doing trax & albums 15 years ago

i dont know what makes me want to do it tho - its just fun and endless, the possibilities

theres sometimes a feeling of mischief when making sounds and doing trax so maybe its an attitude related thing

i like sequencers and synths and rhythm & time & sound design & electro its fun and kool

Have you gotten your gescom invite yet? :doge:

Also loved the set at the Boston show, serious drexcyen vibes. What's your favorite drexciya?

neptunes lair for sure

There's a big difference in your live show vs. your recorded tunes (at least the ones I've heard). Is that going to continue or do you see yourself expanding the style of albums/etc. to incorporate more of what you displayed live? Or perhaps are you taking new tracks in a totally separate direction?

What's your Halloween costume going to be?

yeah the live stuff is higher bpm, more 'party mode'... basslines are a little bit more "literal" if that makes sense.... barely any effects used on sounds and just raw waveform funk & electro

i think in new hampshire i was pushing 150bpm, stepping into paul blackford territory , haha

i have loads of ideas for new albums . def will be more vocal stuff in the future. cant stop wont stop

the live show will just expand as i write more stuff, i have millions of ideas

for halloween i will probably just be geordie laforge as usual . i do it ever year. ppl started fronting me out tho last year tho cause i started my dredlocks and theyre like "youre whoopie goldberg not levar burton!"

what kind of non-IDM music do you enjoy? do you like jungle/dnb? do you like Source Direct at all?

i like sade,.... sun ra... ummm. man idk i listen to pretty much everything except for country music because it traumatizes me

im into vaporwave altho im not entire sure what it is

theres the vaporwave which is like macintosh plus which is completely lush but then theres the kinda more abstract stuff which is also vaporwave? i like the stuff thats like slowed down mall music and etc, im from the south and grew up hearing a lot of dirty souf shit trap and chopped/screwed shit and i love that philosophy applied to whats essentially our american cultural residue

What's up Cygnus? Thanks for awesome performances in both Boston and NH, also thank you for offering to take my pic with Ae in NH

How did you enjoy the tour overall? Any funny tour stories you feel like sharing?

i remember you! :) sup man

the tour was transformative . and the most fun & hilarious time ever

idk about stories, i thought of a couple of things where i was literally in severe pain from laughing but not sure how interesting they would be if u weren't there ? u know? like it might not even actually have been funny but the result of exhaustion or situational based dynamix, idk

have you ever ayy lmao'd anyone irl because you legit look like an alien in some pics. I don't mean that in a bad way, you just look like a big, friendly, furryheaded alien sometimes.

thats the kindest thing anyones ever said about me

i say ayy lmao in person sometimes but no one gets it

do you know about Lilmayo? https://instagram.com/ayylmao.memes/

Guest bitroast

thank you for this man!! really appreciated :):):)

listening now while got ae set downloading. perfect timing in a way imo.

t-shirt with a hoodie overtop

It's a Hanal design for sure. I'm thinking about designs he did back in the xlt days. Can't remember what it says though. Guessing xltronic.

Is it me, or do you(as in , people in general) just get sleepy when John Tejada opens his mouth? I do like some of his tunes though. So the love is there. Just stop talking, i guess..

Archived