IGNORED

BoC remix Mike Patton’s Nevermen

romanticdude

https://youtu.be/cS1lMn42l04

Edit:

It's pretty mediocre in my opinion, lacks that distinct feel they usually have. And, unlike in their remix for cLOUDDEAD, the vocals sort of ruin it, as they have the same effect to them like these terrible, terrible "Symphony of Science" videos on Youtube.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed feelings. First two minutes feels like two tracks played together. One annoying track with vocals and another more intersting instrumental. After that the annoying vocals become slightly less annoying and form some kind of riff which gets stuck in my mind pretty quick. I think the track needs more spins. But I understand people not instantly loving it.

The working utubelinksoitplaysfromthethreadiwthouthavingtofollowthelink:

yeah i agree about the vocals, dead dogs two is prob my most skipped boc track, maybe its just growning out of hearing doseone, but thats always been a recurrent thing with idm featuring vocals 'it would be better without the vocals' that its even kitschy in a way to talk about/mention, but yeah agree with it here. also the vocals sound much louder then the production that they take over, its almost like two records playing over each other out of time, shame this is the first thing since TH :( but love the production just hard to concentrate on it

I listened to the original first. I liked it ok but really liked this version. I actually like the vocals MORE after hearing this, whereas I was lukewarm with the original song.

I'm the same way with the Clouddead remix - love that song and I think they marry the vocals well with their own music, and enhance it the process. I don't dig the original as much but I appreciate it more. Same with their Beck remix from awhile back.

BoC's remixing skill comes from how they re-contextualizing the vocals in the way they mix and arrange them with their music, not just throwing on a new loops or some different drums behind it.

Also regarding the vocals - the dude from TV on the radio's vocals are my least favorite. That band has always been a bit dull to me, at least their singles anyway, never got their hype.

huh, this is out of the blue. I thought I'd read somewhere that they didn't do remixes anymore.

Only for Anticon apparently (three out of the past 4 remixes have been for cLOUD dEAD alumnus).

odd nosdam remixed them as well, I wonder if he's the closest to BoC in terms of collaboration/communication

of the clouddead members and anticon artists he's my favorite

Guest bitroast

guess can see why people not liking the vocals. guess its also worth remembering that this is a remix and not a new track.

i always like trying to give original a listen before remix to get some context on what artist is doing.

this remix is nice. smooth as fuck. and definitely got that boc-y charm and flourish *u*

Archived