IGNORED

Pantha du Prince - The Triad

doublename

German techno auteur Pantha Du Prince (aka Hendrik Weber) will release The Triad on May 20th, his first proper studio album since his 2010 breakthrough Black Noise, and 2013’s collaboration with The Bell Laboratory, Elements of Light. Today also sees the release of the The Winter Hymn 12”, which features the titular album cut along with the exclusive track “Post Human Palisades (feat. Bendik & Kassian)” and an extended mix of the album track “Dream Yourself Awake.”

On the new album’s conceptual framework Weber says, “Black Noise was very much about me being alone in a small room in Berlin and composing. The Triad opens the structure to more human ways of interacting, not digitized ways of interacting. It's not about Facebook; it's about meeting up and jamming. I wanted to cut through the digital dust that surrounds us.”

http://shopusa.roughtraderecords.com/the-triad

Tracklist:

1. The Winter Hymn (feat. Queens)
  2. You What? Euphoria!
  3. Frau im Mond, Sterne Laufen
  4. In An Open Space (feat. Queens)
  5. Chasing Vapour Trails (feaet. Joachim Schultz & Kassian von Troyer)
  6. Lichterschmaus
  7. Dream Yourself Awake
  8. Lions Love (feat. Joachim)
  9. Islands In The Sky
  10. Wallflower for Pale Saints

He also put out a 12" called The Winter Hymn today:

IMbAdPE.jpg

Track Listing:

A1. The Winter Hymn (feat. Queens)

A2. Post human palisades (feat. Kassian & Bendik) -

B1. Dream Yourself Awake (Long Version)

Hmmm... I was much excited, but all the featurings has me l

worried he's gone full on cheese. The EP is pretty nice though, if cheesy.

Didnt listen yet to the preview, but in this article he said something like "Black Noise was all about me being alone at home in berlin" and I thought immediatly "I think I mostly prefer music from people being alone at home"

Anyway, I really hope this album will be good, cause i love all his albums/eps on DIAL (expect the ring bell stuff, which wasnt released on DIAL, cause they know the score, hahaha).

And I have to admit he is one of the few artists I tried to copy when starting making blips and bleeps.

Super looking forward to this. I love all of his previous releases; Black Noise was one of my favorite albums of its year, if not one of mine in recent general memory.

This Bliss is super cool imo. I can't listen to Black Noise anymore as it harks back to the era I was snorting the gdp of various Columbia drug cartels up my hooter :dry: Even thinking about that album makes me feel a bit sinister.

• 2 months later...

Got my record in the mail today, three days early.

It's really good. Everything I would have wanted from the next installment of Pantha du Prince. "In an Open Space" and "Lichterschmaus" are probably my two favorites right now.

Archived