IGNORED

Swans' Michael Gira accused of rape by singer Larkin Grimm

hello spiral

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Chen, that wasn't wasted. So far you're the only one in this thread to actually post something worth reading. Your assessment was completely fair and you didn't just tell zeff to shut up again. Thanks

Had to fix that...

Great post, Chen.

We all have the right to party. I've seen women fire guns and throw punches. I've seen men cower in fear from their own shadows and piss themselves when the shit hits the fan in the bottom of the ninth when we need 'em swingin' for the fences. Ever fight a battle wearing a kilt? Wear high heels while competing in a lumberjack show? Hang glide in a gimp suit? This is how you gender and you better not fuck it up.

So if i get this right, there are patriarcal rapist strawmen ("1 in 5 men are rapists") and feminazi strawwomen.

Jesus, talk about a cripple fight.

stop being sexist. the correct term is "strawpeople".

also pertinent: is the word trigger in trigger warning inappropriate for those who have been a victim of gun violence? is that why people sometimes use content warning?

that wouldn't work for people with depression.

So if i get this right, there are patriarcal rapist strawmen ("1 in 5 men are rapists") and feminazi strawwomen.

Jesus, talk about a cripple fight.

stop being sexist. the correct term is "strawpeople".

haha. genuinely curious if this had been brought up before in an internet shitfight over gender.

also pertinent: is the word trigger in trigger warning inappropriate for those who have been a victim of gun violence? is that why people sometimes use content warning?

"Straw-PEOPLE"? That's species-ist.

The correct term is "straw-kin"

i always wonder wether chen has too much time on his hands or if he works in a statistics related field and has this shit on tap.

He's an academic [i think]. So, both.

i always wonder wether chen has too much time on his hands or if he works in a statistics related field and has this shit on tap.

He's an academic [i think]. So, both.

Chen just doesn't tolerate bullshit sources. I love this about him. When he posts sources for his posts they are rarely crap.

Of like mind.. :wub:

I've had this hunch since the start but refrained from commenting. it is appalling how quickly people have jumped to either side in the total absence of any facts one way or the other.

Guest bitroast

I've had this hunch since the start but refrained from commenting. it is appalling how quickly people have jumped to either side in the total absence of any facts one way or the other.

have you SEEN how rape-y he looks tho ? i rest my case.

I am actually amazed by some of the people who post on the Swans page sometimes, not just recently in regards to this nasty thing, but in the past too. a while ago Gira posted an article about the global population exploding beyond control and threatening to overwhelm resources, with the line "time to thin the herd". this was followed by outraged comments by supposed Swans fans along the lines of "how dare you, are you suggesting something vaguely along the lines of eugenics, why don't you off yourself first u fukker"

it's like... some people who are drawn to confrontational music addressing deep/dark subjects learn nothing from it except how to be micro-triggered cunts.

Archived