IGNORED

DMX Krew - 1995-2015

Very well said bitness, I have to agree. Ed's music has had a massive influence on me and my music making and I constantly try to support him. This label unfortunately makes a good percentage of his fans unable to actual purchase and own a original piece. I find this act insufferable. I hope Ed makes a way to order the digitals through his own website or other means.

Guest bitroast

ye. what's even weirder is that this sort of exclusivity type record label business DOES rub people the wrong way ( ... case in point, my posts. apologies for the bitterness !!! ) and that reflects badly on the artists as well as just the label.

you check the 100 tears thread on watmm, from when that was released. and there are the odd number of posts that are complaining specifically about ed dmx and calling him a jerk.

it really boggles my brain that they would choose to not release the material digitally to further spread the good music, + make the extra buck, for the artists involved sake at least.

i love DMX Krew though !!

the frustration in this thread is more in response to the record label being exclusive in only releasing the material via expensive overly exuberant packaging, which costs an arm and a leg (and costs another arm and another leg for shipping costs internationally, to australia for example.. due to weight and size of exuberant packages)

while also out right refusing to release the music digitally or in a more affordable manner.

i recently emailed the label asking for digital copy of 100 Tears by DMX Krew to be made available for purchase for people who didn't/don't have the money to fork out for $100+ 2xLP album. the album is long out of print and anyone wanting to hear the album is resorting to just pirating it online. the response from the label was no with a weird 'why should we even consider digital when our policy is firmly vinyl only' kind of response.

in ALL seriousness though. doesn't this lush packaging just make your penis cock rock hard ???

ooo baby. yeah. only people with lots and lots of money can hear this exclusive little bad boy.

it is a sweet package. also, i really don't have much money but i did snag 100 tears for a hundo. last email i got from frecords dude said the drum machine boxset was 250 euros (200 plus 50 for international shipping). no pictures of the drum machine set even. anyways def not interested anymore and largely agree with all the sentiments expressed here

Guest bitroast

i think it's someone's prerogative how they want to release their music (just as it's your prerogative if you pirate it really)

yeh i agree with this and try to respect it as much i can.

avin sed dat .. if its the labels prerogative to release material (and new/exclusive material at that) via the exclusivity physical only route with no means of providing a (realistic) budget option for music fans to purchase, then its only fair for de music fans to express their frustration.

np:: dmx krew - dark rider // you exist (album)

theres plenty of dmx out there to keep me happy in mean time :^>

Archived