IGNORED

36 - The Infinity Room

brisk

The record has now sold out at Juno, meaning that it's essentially now sold out worldwide. There will be a handful of copies available at Disque 72, Phonica, Redeye, Deejay.DE and Ultimae, but we're talking numbers you can count on your hand. Boomkat will have around 25 copies, probably by the end of the week. I'll also have a small amount of copies to sell direct myself via my own Bandcamp page either later this week or early next. Hopefully it'll be enough for the people who want it, but apologies if people miss it - It's the fastest selling record I've personally put out and we didn't expect such demand, in all honesty.

Thank you again to everyone who ordered and I hope you're enjoying the album.

Glad you guys are enjoying it.

The last vinyl stock is at Boomkat now, who kindly added it as a recommended release of the week. It's a little pricier than the RRP, but they at least make sure things are packaged nicely. I think there's about 15 copies left, then it's pretty much sold out https://boomkat.com/products/the-infinity-room

Also, there's a pretty big surprise with this record that nobody seems to have found yet :)

Also, there's a pretty big surprise with this record that nobody seems to have found yet :)

how about a clue?

Look further into the vinyl

Edited by brisk

how about a clue?

Look further into the vinyl

Ah cool! Thanks for the prompt! Definitely one of my favourite releases so far this year. Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have all your releases up to Lithea (bought one of them bundles when I got Memories in Windscreen iirc (still the best looking vinyl I own)) but I' kinda lost interest in beatless ambient as a whole after that. I'm listening to Infinity Room now and it's a really different style compared to the 4 first albums, really looking forward to listening to what i've been missing these years

It's funny for me, cos I've read loads of comments from people thinking this is the closest I've returned to Hypersona (my first album) in years, whereas for others, it sounds totally different to anything else I've put out. Opinions! 

I've noticed a few similarities between your album and that of Steve Hauschildt in that both of you seem to prefer a quite small sonic palette and try to coax as much beauty out of that as possible. Do you think this is a growing trend in electronic music? I can't say 'new' because Eno sometimes used to limit himself to just a DX7 in the 1980s.

I've noticed a few similarities between your album and that of Steve Hauschildt in that both of you seem to prefer a quite small sonic palette and try to coax as much beauty out of that as possible. Do you think this is a growing trend in electronic music? I can't say 'new' because Eno sometimes used to limit himself to just a DX7 in the 1980s.

I always start tracks with the melody as the focus. This hasn't really changed in about a decade. If my tunes ever could have a "chorus" in the traditional sense, then it's just whatever the melody is. I'll build around that, but never try to take the focus too far from it. That's probably why my stuff tends to keep to a relatively minimal pallet, especially in more recent times. If things start getting too muddy or take away from the heart of what I feel the tune is about, then I'll just remove it. I definitely do more subtraction than addition these days!

It's funny for me, cos I've read loads of comments from people thinking this is the closest I've returned to Hypersona (my first album) in years, whereas for others, it sounds totally different to anything else I've put out. Opinions!

I hear both :shrug:

• 5 years later...

Per Bandcamp email:

A special, one-off live-stream, showcasing a brand-new re-interpretation of The Infinity Room, by 36. Tickets are free. Please note there will be no replay of this event. ////////// 'The Infinity Room' was originally released in 2016 on A Strangely Isolated Place. It was the catalyst for an exciting new direction in the 36 sound and remains one of the most popular albums in the 36 discography. Fast-forward to 2022 and 3six Recordings is pleased to present 'The Infinity Room (Reinterpreted by 36)' which revisits the album, albeit with a surprising twist. Originally envisioned as a live version of 'The Infinity Room', it eventually grew into a unique re-imagining of the entire album, with every track deconstructed and rebuilt from the ground-up. Taking the core melodies from the original LP, produced alongside new sounds and arrangements, this reinterpretation showcases a dynamic new vision for the album, with increased energy and urgency. Whereas the original album was an exercise in synthesizer minimalism, this reinterpretation expands the range of sounds considerably. It doesn't remove the magic that made the original album so special for many people. It re-contextualizes it with new colour. 'The Infinity Room' played with the idea that a single artistic decision in the studio would eventually blossom into something grander. The initial stems of the very first track directly influenced the direction for everything that followed. What was created in 2016 was just one possible outcome. This is another. To be clear; This was not made to replace the original album. It is simply another possibility in a multiverse of opportunities. Among the many worlds, perhaps this is the one you feel most at home.

image.thumb.png.7dda7f6041f0e8798c388c72febf3f26.png

rub-hands.gif

Edited by jules