IGNORED

WATMM Secret Santa

tec

Ho ho ho! What can cap off a nightmarish year better than receiving a gift from a weirdo who posts on an IDM message board that now knows where you live? Get involved one and all! (no n00bs allowed) 

Everyone done a blinding job last year so lets have a repeat please, anyone that doesn't buy a gift will be named and shamed at the end of January then banned from the Secret Santa for the next three years, if I remember.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few things to remember from when I last organised it....

* We had a £20 (or equivalent) maximum suggested spend, it's not the cost it's the value yeah?

* Please be aware of international customs laws when sending abroad - don't send dynamite to Brunei yo fam!

It was truly international when I had finished gathering names, so be aware of postal costs / Christmas last post dates when deciding what to send.

The cut-off will be in a week or so, that should give people enough time to see the thread. I'm not fussed about setting a budget, haven't in the past and it has still always worked. If you don't want to spend a lot but can still do a thoughtful gift that's cool, if you're a rich bastard and want to go mad that's cool too. Like last year I'll ask people where they want to post, we split it mainly into those in Europe and the USA with a few others who didn't mind sending further afield and that went well.

Hey guys I'm really sorry I don't think I'll make it this year. Was a ton of fun last year but work has me bouncing arond from city to city with little time to shop/ship etc.

Hope I can make it in next year! :sad: 

The cut off point will be the end of next Wednesday, don't really matter if not too many people get involved, the only downside is guessing who bought for you may be easier.

Archived