IGNORED

Sources of HQ vocal recordings of indigenous/aboriginal tribes

Polytrix

Where's a good place to look for authentic recordings?

I'm thinking sort of ethno-musicologists would have access to this stuff and I wondered if my university had access to recordings which I could use myself in my tracks. I'm sure loads of field recordings have been made which I could reuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBobq6gnOWc

I'm sort of thinking along the lines of the vocal loop used in that track. So haunting yet beautiful, hypnotic vocal parts.

Thanks!!!

Probably not HQ, or indeed vocal, but may be of interest nonetheless: there's a radio programme airing on Christmas Day this year about all the indigenous music David Attenborough's recorded over the years while travelling to record his nature doccos. Apparently he's a bit of an amateur musicologist. Radio 3 IIRC.

Probably not HQ, or indeed vocal, but may be of interest nonetheless: there's a radio programme airing on Christmas Day this year about all the indigenous music David Attenborough's recorded over the years while travelling to record his nature doccos. Apparently he's a bit of an amateur musicologist. Radio 3 IIRC.

Attenborough... Wasn't he Key Grip #3 in Turner & Hooch?

this sounds like ideal christmas listening with a non-alcoholic beverage

ps: i tried pm'ing you a book reference but computer says nooooo, lobbed over via scloud bwlad

Archived